fourteen

Ella's pov:

Grayson slows the car as he pulls into the apartment complex. Nothing seems to bother him. He's always smiling, laughing, and looking on the bright side of things. I've never been able to do that. I always think about how one day everyone's gonna die, and that nobody really loves me, because according to society, you have to have a huge butt and slim waste for people to love you.

Grayson shakes me out of my trance, making me jump a little. "Let's go inside," he says, his voice comforting and gentle.

I look up at him, my body still shaking in fear. I can feel a tear slide down my cheek. I'm slowly breaking little by little.

He looks at me concerned, and gets out of the driver seat, walking over to my door, and trying to get me out of the car.

But I don't move. I can't.

My body is stiff as a board, yet still shaking rapidly. I try to move my body, but I can't.

I open my mouth to scream, but not a sound comes out.

Grayson scoops me up, and takes me to my apartment. I don't completely understand how he's caring me and Ava at the same time, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Ava is asleep when Grayson opens the door, and he gently places her on the couch. He plants me on the couch too, and he goes into my bedroom. He comes back out carrying two blankets. He places one on top of Ava, and he wraps the other one around the two of us.

I can't help but just cuddle up against him, leaning my head into the crook of his neck.

"I'm so so sorry," Grayson says, breaking the quietness. I look up at him, still not able to speak.

I can feel my eyes start to water, and then comes the water works. I start balling my eyes out, and without any heads up.

"Hey hey hey, don't cry," Grayson says, wiping my eyes with his thumbs. "Everything will be ok. I promise," he says, caressing the side of my face.

I nod my head, and lean back, our heads resting on top of each other's.

"I'll protect you"

a/n:

Wow I ACTUALLY updated 🤭

Sup y'all, it's been like 1738 years since I've posted....

ANYWAYS...happy Tuesday! ✌🏻

gotta grayson👋🏼