ten

"You can tell me anything," I reassure him.
"I....I think I.." he starts, but stops himself.

"I love you"

Ella's pov:

He whispers it so quietly, but just enough for me to hear him.

He looks down, shaking his head.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." He says. "No, don't be sorry," I say, pulling his face towards me.

"I-I...love you too," I say, holding his hand. He cocks his head, but smiles.

He leans in, and smashes his lips onto mine, and I move my lips in sync with his.

It felt like the hole world froze, and we were the only people on earth. It felt like a dream.

"Ew!" I hear Ava's tiny voice scream. Grayson breaks the kiss, and we laugh at Ava's remark.

"I should go now," I say, grabbing my stuff for my college classes. "Bye Ava. Bye Grayson," I say, and he kisses me on the cheek, making me blush. "Bye," Grayson waves, closing the door.

Grayson's pov:

Everything felt so right now. Having no weight on you chest feels good.

"You love mommy?" Ava asks, eating a raspberry off of her finger. "Yeah," I say, smiling at the thought of Ella's lips against mine.

"And me?" Ava asks innocently. I pick her up, upside down and tickle her belly, making her giggle. "Of course, silly!" I say, laughing with her.

Now that Ella and I share something, I could give Ava a life she deserves, a life with a father figure.

"Do you want to get ice cream?" I ask, putting her down. "Yes!" She screams, running to the door.

I put Ava's shoes on, and leave the apartment.

——

"What flavor do you want?" I ask Ava, lifting her up, showing her all of the flavors. "Nilla," She says. "One vanilla on a sugar cone please," I say, handing the lady a ten dollar bill.

She hands me the icecream, and we sit down at a table. "Gimme!" Ava whines. "You've got something on your shirt," I say, pointing to Ava's shirt.

She looks down, and I put some icecream on her nose, making her giggle. "Here," I hand her the icecream, and she grabs it out of my hand, and finishes it almost immediately.

"Wanna go home!" Ava says, yawning. I pick her up, and she nuzzles her head into the crook of my neck, making me smile.

A middle aged couple approaches me as I head to the car.

"You're daughter is so cute," one of them says. I hesitate at first, but then say, "Thankyou," enjoying the name she was given.

I imagine myself within a year, introducing my family to my parents.

"Hi, this is my daughter, Ava, and my wife, Ella."

I smile at the thought.

My wife.

How did I get so lucky to have a girl like Ella in my life?

a/n:

My dad is currently blasting classical music, and I feel like I'm at a freaking Beethoven sanctuary. KMS 😂😂

Peace out my dudes🍳