You Won't Ever Be Lonely

I walked outside and I could see her riding toward the house. She looked exactly the same as when I first saw her. Her brown hair blowing behind her, unruly and wild. She still managed to take my breath away every time I saw her. She didn't follow any of the rules and I loved her for it.

It took awhile after Nate's death for everyone to settle in together. Demi and Shane struggled for awhile to rebuild their relationship. They eventually forgave each other and they are closer than they have ever been. With time, the wounds from that day scabbed over and became nothing more than scars.

I watched her as she approached. Her fearless love is what got me through everything. She gave me everything even when it hurt her. She's the part of me that I will always need. Without her, I would fall apart. Just like me, Gracie needed her too. Gracie was five now. She was such a beautiful little girl. She had Demi wrapped around her little finger. There wasn't a thing that she wouldn't do for her. Her patience and devotion were beautiful. She was raising our daughter to be an amazing young lady. The way Gracie looked at her completely blew me away. She adored her and Demi made sure that she met her expectations.

I smiled when I saw Gracie run out the front door to meet her. Demi hopped down off the horse and scooped her up into her arms. Gracie gave her a big sloppy kiss on the lips and wrapped her arms around her neck and held onto to her tightly. I watched as Demi's eyes closed as she savored the hug. That right there is why I love her so much.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, she can get it. That woman is fucking sexy." Taylor said as she slung her arm over my shoulder.

"I'm so in love with her Tay."

"Me too." She laughed. "Can I tell you a secret?" She asked excitedly.

"Of course." I smiled.

"I'm pregnant!"

"Oh my god!" I said as I hugged her tightly. "I'm so happy Tay!"

"Shane and I decided that we wanted what you and Demi have with Gracie. He loves kids and he insisted we started trying."

"I bet he did..." I teased.

"Shut up!" Taylor laughed.

I went back inside and helped Taylor set the table for dinner. Demi still had to put her horse away so it would be a few minutes before she would be in the house. As always, Gracie helped her.

"Shane will be an amazing father. He's so good with Gracie." I said as I placed several plates down on the table.

"I think that good parenting comes naturally for the Gray family." She replied.

"We'll except for..."

"Yeah, let's just leave that one alone. No need to open old wounds." I interrupted.

"Sorry Sel. I didn't mean..."

"It's ok." I said givin her a reassuring smile. "Let's just leave it where it belongs. Six feet underground."

"Agreed."

I smiled when I heard their boots as they walked across the deck. Demi walked inside first and Shane followed. He had Gracie up on his shoulders and they were singing a Bon Jovi song. Demi hung her hat on the coat rack and walked over to me. She put her arms around me and lifted me up off the ground.

"Hey beautiful." She said against my lips before kissing me softly.

"Hey baby." I whispered back. "I missed you."

She responded by nuzzling into my neck. "Let's take a bath tonight."

I nodded as I felt her lips on my jawline. "Mmm hmm." I mumbled.

"Get a room!" I heard Shane tease.

Demi released me and I ruffled Shane's hair as I passed by. "Don't be jealous." I said with a smirk.

"Ha! You wish." He shot back with a goofy grin.

"Taylor told me the good news."

"What news?" Demi asked as she sat down next to Gracie.

"I'm pregnant!" Taylor answered.

"Oh man." Demi said rolling her eyes. "There goes the neighborhood." She teased.

"You better watch it." Shane warned.

"I'm happy for you guys. Hopefully he or she looks like you Tay, cause this guy." She said pointing at Shane. "Is lacking in the good looks department."

Shane just rolled his eyes and took a drink from his tea. We spent the rest of dinner talking about the day and teasing each other. Once we were finished, Demi went upstairs with Gracie to get her ready for bed. I stayed downstairs to help clean up and once I finished I went up to join them. I smiled when I heard Demi singing to Gracie.

If you're lost you can look

And you will find me

Time after time

If you fall I will catch you

I will be waiting

Time after time

When she finished singing, she pulled the blankets up to Gracie's chin and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight baby." She said softly. "Sweet dreams."

She got up and came toward me. "She's already asleep." She said quietly.

I nodded and gave Gracie a kiss and I turned out the lights as I left the room. I could hear bath water running as I headed toward our bedroom. The room was dark with exception of the dim candlelight that lit up the bathroom. I walked in as she was undressing. She winked at me before she lowered herself into the tub. I could feel her eyes on me as I removed my clothes to join her. That predatory look she always had when we first met had returned. I bit my lip as I lowered myself into the hot bubbly water. I sat in between her legs and rested my back against her chest. She wrapped her arms around me and laced our fingers together. I rested the back of my head against her shoulder.

"You're perfect." I said smiling and bringing her knuckles to my lips and kissing them gently.

"No really. I just learn from my mistakes."

"I love you Demi."

"I love you too."

"We've come a long way, haven't we?" I asked her.

"We sure have. I used to think that I would always be miserable and wanting you." She confessed.

"Me too." I said sadly.

"I would've waited forever you know." She whispered in my ear.

I didn't answer because I felt her lips on my neck. I rolled my head to the side to give her better access. I felt her hands as she neaded my breasts. This was all that mattered to me. She was my life. I turned so I could kiss her. Her lips were soft and fit against mine perfectly. I softly moaned when I felt her tongue enter my mouth.

I spent the rest of the night in her arms. She knew every inch of my body like the back of her hand. As I laid across her chest completely exhausted, I knew that I would always be safe with her. Her love was endless and it belonged to me.