Chapter 27

(Alex's p.o.v)
It had been 9 days sense I got here. Elliot stays by me at all times since he proposed to me. he runs Conan off every time he tries to talk to me. Lara has told me, after it is all over she is going back to the human world with to help plan my wedding. But today we have had no happy conversation with me. we are all marching to war. As we marched over the mountain I could see their army. It looked to be mostly made of dead people and demons. we then charged down the mountain. Ready for this I pulled my gun out of its halter and aimed it. I was on top a horse, making it easier for me to do this. Finally making it to the opposite arms, we started fighting. I watched in front of me a murderous massacre. Mostly Lucifer's army, but some where mine. I wanted to jump I front of them all and take the hits, but knowing it not to be possible I continued. I could see a large throne being carried by many men on there shoulders. as I got closer, a man dressed in a black outfit and mask jumped in front of me. I grabbed the knife Elliot had have me before we left the camp. the enemy held a sword that was three times bigger than my knife. He ran at me and threw his sword to the side. I just stood there confused, wondering if I should fight him with my weapon or fight with my fist. Too slow at doing that I was tackled to the ground. He held my hands above my head pinning me to the ground. he punched me in the face a good 4 times when I finally managed to free my hand. I flipped us to where I was on top of him. I took my fist and punched him twice as hard and twice as many times as he hit me. On the last hit his mask flew off. I froze as the blood rushed from my face. "Joe! How your dead" I screamed. He smirked at me with blood ran from his nose and lip "Lucifer gave me my body back." he then got out from under me and stood in a fighting position, "You like". I also got in fighting position. "how could you!" I screamed as I jumped forward at him hitting him in the chest with my fist. He looked at me with emotionless eyes and laughted in my face and jumped at me kicking me in the ribs and knocking me on my ass. "you and I were in love Joe.... We were lovers" I cried while standing up. he still gave me that smirk with those emotionless eyes. "And know we are enemies" he said to me as he threw a punch at me, hitting me in the stomach. I coughed up blood from that hit. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes from the betrayal and broken heart I just received. I looked up at him and in his eyes I saw a flicker of sorrow started to appear when he suddenly screamed at me "Alex kill me". I looked at him and shook my head "no, I won't". he ran at me about to attack again and his fist stopped centimeters away from my face. "I can't hold it for long, KNOW DO IT ALEX" he screamed at me. I picked up the knife when I dogged the hit after he said that. I stood up and he looked at me ready to strike again when I jumped forward and stabbed him threw the stomach. Blood pored out his mouth. I grabbed him not letting him fall and laid him down. "I'm so sorry" I said holding him in my arms as my tears hit his face. His hand reached up and wiped a tear away "don't cry my love, it is all going to be okay... I promise" I kissed his forehead. He then smiled at me as he stopped breathing. I cried even harder and looked at the throne a good mile away from me. "I'm going to kill you for this, you bastard" I said laying Joe on the ground gently.
I ran as fast as I could to that throne . I cut down any body who got in my way on the way to get to it. I finally made it and jumped straight for his throught. I was thrown back to the ground he stood and stepped from his thrown and walk towards me. "Alex, I see my weapon didn't work on you". "No and know it is your turn to die" I said taking my gun out of my harness for it. I aimed it at him and pulled the trigger he flashed out of its way. the bullet hit his wife, Lillith. I watched as her chest turned to ash and her skin to charcoal, it was like she was burned internally from it. He gave a look of rage for that. I only kept the gun aimed at him. '5 shots left, don't waist them' I thought to myself. I watched as he took his hand and waved it at me, lashes of fire came from the flick of his wrist. I dogged it in time. he then flashed behind me "if you kill me you will also die" he whispered in my ear" I turned quickly and pulled the trigger he flashed and appeared feet away from me holding his side. 'I grazed him. 4 more, be carful' I thought counting down. I watched him walk towards me. Being carful not to take unneeded shot, he would only flash to another area to escape them. He flicked his wrist again and agin the flame lashes came at me, only this time I did not mis them all one hit me in the mid back. I screamed in agony. It burned worse than any burn I have ever had before. I stood up not intending to spill a year over that. I aimed and fired again only 2 bullets this time. both missing him. 'damn, only 2 more' I thought to my self. he laughter in my ear for he appeared right behind me. he put his hand compleatly through my right shoulder. again I screamed and accidentally pulled the trigger. 'shit, only one more' I thought to myself. he flashed in front of me. I was on my knees from the pain. he walked up to me put his hand around my throat and lifted me of the ground. 'this is it' I thought. "any last words" he growled at me as he squeezed my neck. I smerked "yeah, die you mother fucking bastared". I said pulling the trigger. It hit his chest and his face showed fear, for I had one the battle. his body did the same as his wife's body had. I fell to the ground and I could feel my blood pore from my back, shoulder, and mouth. I could see a figure hover over me as the darkness caved in.

(Elliot's p.o.v)
I saw as Alex's limp body fell after she had killed him. She hit the ground as I was running to her. I picked her up bridal style and watched as her eyes closed. I hugged her tightly and ran back to Lara and another elf woman name Nat. I jumped over dead bodies to get there. Alex's breathing was getting shallow. "please don't die on me babe...I love you" I said to her as I handed her to Lara. "Will she be ok" I asked them. "it doesn't look good at all" Lara said with a sorrowful voice "but I have to try", they took her and started working on her. I walked over to a grown up area in the tree line, crouched down, and started to cry. "Please don't take her, please don't. I love her. I promise I will protect her from now on.... Just please don't take her from me" I yelled hoping for god to hear me and grant me this wish.

(Alex's p.o.v)
I can hear Elliot telling me not to leave and asking for me to stay, but I'm so cold and the light is so warm. I walk to it and see mom and Joe there. I start to cry from joy but mom looked at me and said "not yet dear, you still belong on earth. Elliot needs you." I looked at Joe, he looked at me and said "I love you Alex, Thank you for putting me in peace... I told you it would be ok darling..... now go back to Elliot and have a good life with him". I smiled at him and said "I love you both....". He gave me a sweet smile and nod, when suddenly the light was gone. I opened my eyes to Lara looking down at me. "she's awake Nat" I then looked at another elf. "where is Elliot" I asked them. "go get him Nat", Nat nodded and left. "that was a close one, we almost lost you Alex" Lara said hugging me with tears in her eyes, "thank you for not dieing" she said crying in my shoulder. Then Elliot walked through the tent door. he rapped his arms and I cried into them. "I thought you were dead" he said hugging me so tight it hurt, but I didn't mind it. I liked it. "I did too" I whispered in his ear. He then let go and kissed me gently. He then broke it and said in my ear for me and only me to hear " I will protect you no matter what from know on". I smiled to him "i know, I heard you". he then smirked at me knowing i had heard him on the other side, and kissed me again.

The End