Chapter 14

-Flashback of Joey-

(Alexandra's p.o.v.)

I walked out to pick up at school. Joey was picking me up that day. He had recently turned 21. I spotted his ugly ,green ford ranger. Joey stood about 6'3, had had brown curly hair, weighs probably 150 lbs, and was my world. He did no wrong in my eyes, and I did no wrong in his. He motioned for me to hurry up. He had promised to take me somewheres after school today. I really didn't feel like going any where's, today way just a crapy day.

When I got to the truck I got in. Joey asked me what was wrong. I told him "nothing". I know he didn't believe me but he said " ok". We drove out of the schools parking lot.

About 3 miles down the rode he pulled over on the side of the road. He asked me "what's wrong, and who's ass do I have to kick". I looked at him as if he said something stupid. I thought of a few smart ass remarks, but decided just to stay quiet. He looked at me and said " Alex I swear if you don't tell me we will sit hear till tomorrow". then I hear screeching. I looked to see were it was coming from, but didn't see it till it was to late. I felt the truck start to flip. I remember it felt like it was never going to stop, I really don't remember it stoping. All I remember was a few flips then it all went black.

I remember waking up at the hospital. I saw mom siting in a chair crying. I tried to talk but couldn't, so instead I moved around a little, which was a bad mistake now my back hurts like hell along with my left arm. mom looked up at me. She had been crying for a while. She got up and ran to me, she handed me some water. Then I took a swig of it. I then asked "where's Joey"
A tear rolled down moms cheek. She told me "he's in surgery, sweety, he was hurt badly.... they don't think he's going to make it".I could feel tears fall on my cheek. Mom was crying on my lap. I wanted to die, this was all my fault. Mom got up and walked to a chair in the room and cried into her hands. I sat there crying to my self mumbling "this is all my fault".

- 6 hours later-

The doctor walked in. Mom hoped up to ask somthing, but the doctor stopped her and said " Joey is out of surgery, the surgery went through successfully, but Joey still is not stable so he is under watch at all times". He turned to mom and said "your son is a very lucky young man". Mom then asked "can I go see him". the doctor nodded then showed her the way. I sat in my bed smiling.

- the next day-

This morning I woke up to mom in the room. I asked her "how's Joey". She smiled and said " he seems to be doing fine". I started to move around a little but was in pain as I moved. I then asked " mom what did I hurt in the reck". She told me that I bruised 3 left ribs, I bruised my lower back bone, and broke my right hand. To be honest, I was ok with that.

-2 hours later-

A nurse ran in to tell us "Joey is having problems we are doing emergency surgery". Mom looked at me with a sad look on her face. I saw tears threaten to fall from her eyes. I ,myself, was already in tears.

- 4 hours later-
The doctor walked in. mom didn't even jump up knowing what was happening. The doctor said "Joey's surgery was not a success. He won't make it through the hour. If you two would like to see him we can take y'all to see him and say goodbye". Mom nodded her head. I looked up and said "I also want to see him" The doctor nodded and had somebody come and get me in a wheelchair. They then rolled me and took mom to Joey's room. Mom went over to him and whispered something in his ear, she then kissed his forehead. They then rolled me up to him. I whispered in his ear " i love you so much... I am so sorry, this is all my fault. That should be me in that bed not you." I then touched his cheek, then his eyes flew open. He spoke to me saying " Darling, it is not, please don't blame your self, and please cheer up. I love you both" he said with a smile on his face. I then watched him till he took in his last breath. I then cried not being able to believe I just lost my rock, my whole world is gone.