Chapter 19: the dream

The dream

(Alex's pov)

I was in a giant field. It seemed to be dawn. There was fog that was so thick I couldn't see three feet in front of me. I saw a figure's shadow up ahead of me it seemed to be a males figure. As I approached it the figure became more familiar... I could know tell who it was... It was Joe. I felt sadness wash over my heart. I ran up to him and hugged him, he didn't move. I said to him "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, it was all my fault im should be dead". I then felt a hand on my shoulder, it was a comforting hand. "it's ok my Ali, I'm ok know". I looked up at him and said "Ali? You haven't called me Ali sense I was 2". I felt him hug me, it felt so real. "I know that Alex, I can't believe you remember what I called you that long ago. Do you even remember dad?". I looked up at him and said "Yes, and I don't want you talk about him anymore. please Joe". He then giggled and said "I know Alex, I know". he then started back on a stern voice "Alex listen, there isn't much time but you need to know there coming for you, hide your true self until I come to you like this again... Alex you are one of the last of our kind, you have to keep yourself safe and away from harm, that includes that boy... Alex I love you please stay safe" he hugged me closer to him than I can ever remember. I then felt his hand fall as if he went limp but he still stood there.i screamed as I watched his face as it begin to crack and break, I was crying a river. then I heard somebody call my name "Alex, Alex wake up, what's wrong, Alex wake up" I then realized it was Elliot.

My eyes flashed open. Elliot was bent over me. "Alex, was it a nightmare" he asked concerned. I noticed then that I had really been crying, but how did he here me cry out here. "How did you hear me crying way out here"I asked. He looked at me concerned "you weren't just crying you were screaming too. Alex what was it about?" he asked. I just shook my head and said "I don't want to talk about it know, maybe I'll tell you in the morning". he said to me "ok but I'll be on the sofa in the front room if you need me". I just answered "ok" and was asleep before my head touched the pillow.