The Locker Room: Chapter Thirty-Nine

A/N:

I'm so sorry, I should have been done with this book at the end of June. But by the end of July, I can say that I'm finished with TLR. I didn't reach my goal though. I wanted it to be 100 pages, and I'm only at 99. However, after I finish editing this, I hope I will be at 100 then. Anyways, in a few hours I'll post the epilogue. And that will be the last chapter. I hope you really enjoy this chapter.

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Thirty-Nine

          "We are so going to get caught," whispered Jenny, I could feel her breath on my ear. I shivered, she was right. There was like no way we were going to get out of this one.

           A few minutes have passed and if there was one thing we picked up from their conversation, it was that they were in the boy's locker room, because they heard a noise. What noise they heard, was still in question. All we knew was that we were in some serious trouble.

            "There's only one way, and it probably won't work," whispered Val. We all turned to look at her. "Audrey, sorry but you're out of luck. You told all of us that you would take the blame, and the time has come."

            There was an awkward silence for a short time. Reality settled in me. The time has come for me to take the blame. To say I wasn't ready was an understatement. I don't think anyone would be ready. Me and my damn mouth.

            But in the end Val was right. I agreed to take the fall. And whether I was ready or not, I still had to keep my promise to my friends.

            "Let's hear it Val," I finally found my voice. Of course, it wasn't as strong as it should have been, but then again we were whispering. By now we could hear the people walking towards were we were. We needed to hear that plan, fast. Luckily, Val knew what she had to do.

            "Audrey, you go up to them and distract them. You know you say you broke in and you are the only one. Meanwhile, the rest of us, we have to make it to the door and the car. Without getting caught, of course. Everyone got it?" whispered, in a rush, Val.

            "That's your ideal plan, Val?" whispered Dana. She gave her a look that said anybody-could-have-came-up-with-a-better-one.

            "Dana, we don't have time for this," said Jenny. We all nodded. Then Jenny turned to me. "Good luck, Auds." Jenny smiled at me, but I didn't smile back.

            I took a deep breath. I had to go now. There was no time to second guess my and everyone's decision. This was it. This was the time that The Locker Room mission came to a close. A big ending and one I hoped that would not happen. But in my luck it did.

            So, with one last look at my friends, I stepped out of the hiding spot and into the wide open space. I quickly went through the plan over in my head again, and I realized Val left out one important thing. Was I supposed to tell them about the recordings? What was I supposed to answer when they asked why I was in there anyways?

            Before, I could turn back around or think of any of the answers, I was met with a flash light into my eyes, by the principal.

~                                                                    ~                                                                 ~

            I was sitting in the principal's office, waiting for my parents. Can you believe they called my parents? Apparently, I was lucky that they didn't call the cops, or so they told me. Anyways, after the principal found me (she's a female), she called the rest of the people to me. I did not know any of them. I think one was a gym teacher though.