The Locker Room: Chapter Twenty-Three: Picture of Kane

A/N:

You might hate me for this chapter, but whatever. I planned on doing this, and I'm still going to go through what I planned. After this chapter things are going to pick up speed a little bit. Hopefully. XD Please, comment/vote that's what keeps me writing. Oh, and this novel is 55 pages long on my Word doc. I'm so proud of myself, since this is the longest thing I have ever wrote. :D

The picture on the side is indeed the person I picked to play Kane. XD

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Three

            I quickly grabbed the recorder off of my dresser and then grabbed the player. I stuck it in, and I noticed that my heads were shaking. Why am I so nervous? I took a deep breath and my hands slowed down the shaking. I pressed the play button.

            I knew I should have never listened to it without my friends. And if I knew what would happen after I listened to it, I never would have thought twice about it. But it was like the recorder was speaking to me, and I couldn't just let it go. Something like fate was making me listen to the recorder right this very second.

            The first ten minutes were boring. I was about to fall asleep, on the floor, too. All the guys were talking about the big football game, which happened to be homecoming. I learned that a ton of college scouts were going to be there. Like I gave a shit. I realized that then that I still didn't know what college I wanted to go to, and I was slowly running out of time. I quickly pushed that thought to the back of my head.

            But then I heard voices I recognized. I knew those voices.

            "Yeah, man she just marched right up to me, and demanded that I take her to fucking homecoming. I said no to her, but she wouldn't leave me the fuck alone."

            "That sucks dick."

            "No shit. She's acting like she fucking owns me, even though we broke up two fucking years ago. So in the end I had to fucking say yes."

            "Yeah, but you can fuck her at the end of the night."

            I heard a laugh. Meanwhile, I was still trying to figure out whose voices it was on the recorder. I didn't even know that many guys and I was already having a hard time.

            "Honestly,Tyler, I don't want to fuck her."

            I stopped the player, and rewind it several times. I had to make sure I heard right. And every single time it said his name over and over.Tyler's voice was the second one. But who the fuck is he talking to?

            "Whoa, news flash everyone! The player doesn't want to fuck the whore of the school."

            "Shut the fuck up."

            "Hey, Kane, calm down it was just a joke."

            Oh, my fucking god. I paused the recorder for the second time and got up. I paced my room a few times, and then I stopped. I took a deep breath and let it out. I know realized that Kane was right. Sometimes Jenny doesn't get the whole story. I sat back down and hit the play button again.

            "Whatever, man," said Kane.

            "Did you know that your sister is going to ask Audrey to come to homecoming?" asked Tyler.

            Wait...did I just hear my name? Why are they talking about me? I'm a girl that goes to an all girl's school; I shouldn't be the topic of talk in the locker room.

            "No. But Audrey wouldn't go," said Kane. That's right I didn't want to go, Kane.

            "Yeah, and not to mention finding her a date with no fucking time left," said Tyler.

            Just when it was getting interested in what they were saying about me, their voices started to drift off. I guess they were leaving the locker room, and I couldn't hear them anymore. Damn it! I have a right to know what they are saying about me. Didn't I?

            I continued to listen to the recorder. Again, all the boys would talk about was the stupid homecoming game. I knew my friends would be disappointed, just like I was. I was lying on the floor with my eyes closed, and I was just about to fall asleep when I heard their voices again. I immediately woke up and sat up again. I'm such a bad person. I wanted to only hear about the juicy gossip stuff. But what girl didn't?

            "Stay the fuck away from Jenny," said Kane. I knew their voices, pretty well by now.

            "Fuck you, Kane," said Tyler.

            "Why did you wait until fucking Friday to tell me about you and Jenny? Why didn't you fucking tell me about it Monday?" asked Kane.

            "Because I knew you would act like this Kane," said Tyler. "Besides Jenny will be fucking safe with me. Would you rather have her go out with a fucking stranger?"

            Silence. This was the fight between Kane and Tyler. I knew that Kane didn't like Tyler asking out Jenny to homecoming, because he talked briefly about it in the car. But I didn't know they got into a pretty heated argument. However, by the way Kane talked about it, he sounded like he punched Tyler or something.

            "No. But I fucking swear, if you try to get in her pants, I will seriously hurt you," said Kane, with a harsh tone. I have never heard him use that tone before.

            "It's not me you have to worry about," said Tyler. "Guess whose Audrey's date? I'll give you one clue: asshole."

            "Jace?" asked Kane. "She won't take shit from that guy."

            "You know her pretty well, don't you?" asked Tyler.

            "Look Tyler, just do me a favor. Keep your eye on fucking Jace. Because if he lays a finger on either Jenny or Audrey, I'm going to beat that asshole."

            "I guess I can do that for you," said Tyler.

            Again, their voices started to drift away. Damn. Tyler was supposed to look out for us, but I guess he didn't do a very good job, since Jenny slept with his ass. Kane was right; I didn't take shit from Jace.

            There was nothing else interesting on the tape. It was kind of weird how both of the interesting topics were about me and Jenny. I thought if Jenny found out that Tyler had to keep an eye on her, she would be pissed off. Maybe she would even think that Tyler only went, because Kane asked him to. Even though clearly Tyler liked her.

            I knew it would be a bigger mess if she heard about this. Either World War Three was going to happen or something even worse than that. I didn't want either of those to happen. But what the fuck am I supposed to do?

            I looked at the time, and realized that it was almost midnight. Great, no eight hours of sleep for me.

            Then I looked back at the recorder. I had to think of something fast, because I wanted to go to bed. Yet, I had to think of something that would damage the recorder. I was looking around my room for some ideas, when I noticed my glass of water next to my bed. That's it!

            Water. I quickly grabbed the glass and the recorder. I set down the recorder on my dresser. I poured the water right on the recorder. Than I set down the glass on its side, to make it look like I accidentally bumped it. I would tell them that I was sleep walking and I bumped the glass, to them it would be a complete accident.

            I got back in my bed and closed my eyes. I knew I couldn't tell anyone about what I heard on that recorder tonight. Not one single person. I also couldn't tell them that I damaged it on purpose. I told myself that it was for the better. It would cause more drama between Kane, Tyler, and Jenny.

            Besides what they don't know won't hurt them.