The Locker Room: Chapter Thirty

A/N:

Surprise. I wasn't going to update until later this week, but I decided to end the chapter earlier than planned. I thought it was a good ending to the chapter. I also am really excited for the next few chapters (at least the next eight), since the story is ending and I still have some things to close. I'm excited to finish this novel. So maybe you can expect earlier updates.

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Thirty

            And that question ran through my head all week long. What did I just get myself into? Why the fuck did I just tell Jenny that I didn’t like Brain? Why did I always have to do the right thing for my friends? It always came haunting back, and it just so happened that Friday was when it was going to bite me in the ass.

            I just got home from school, I threw my backpack on the ground and I took a deep sigh. I found out that for US Government, I had to write a paper about which president I would pick in a fake election we were doing. The teacher just made up two people and gave us articles about them. Clearly, I wasn’t looking forward to doing this paper. Not only that, but I had to read about fifty pages of Shakespeare for English.

            Oh, how I loved school…not.

            I went into the kitchen thinking that I just needed chocolate to calm myself down, when my phone went off. It was still in my backpack. I walked back where I threw it on the ground by the front door, and I looked at the screen. Jenny’s name flashed on the screen.

            “Hello,” I said, after I clicked the answer button.

            “It’s a lovely day to go out for dinner, don’t you think so?” asked Jenny.

“Yeah, I guess,” I said. “Where are we meeting up this time?”

Whenever Jenny and I got together to go out to dinner, we would just meet each other at the place. Most of the time it was at a fast food place, and not a real restaurant. But I could tell by the long pause, before Jenny said anything, things were going to be different this time.

“Audrey…I was thinking more along the lines of us going on a double date. Tyler and I. You and Brain,” said Jenny.

I stopped breathing for five seconds. Damn mouth. I knew this moment was going to come sooner or later, but I was hoping for later than sooner. However, I didn’t have anything planed today, so it wasn’t like I could make an excuse. That and I could see Jenny today, since we haven’t been talking on the phone a lot anymore.

            “Fine,” I said. “What time?” I heard Jenny squeal in delight. I rolled my eyes.

          “We will pick you up at five, so be ready by then. We are just going out for pizza. And wear something nice,” said Jenny, and then she hung up.

            I looked at the time, and realized that I had about two hours to get ready. Plenty of time, in my books. But for Jenny this was crunch time. I decided to forget about the chocolate, and just go ahead and take a nice long warm shower. That would also calm me down, and I needed one before I went on this date anyways.

♥                                                                     ♥                                                                 ♥

            I was in my room, throwing a lot of shirts out of my drawers. I couldn’t find one single shirt that I wanted to wear. All the shirts I found were either too girly, too summery, or they weren’t cute enough for a date. I already found out that I was going to wear dark jeans, and I just needed a shirt to go with it. And I was freaking out that my doorbell would go out with me still in my bra.