The Locker Room: Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N:

I just wanted to do a surprise update. :D I just wanted to get this chapter down, and it's rushed a little bit. However, I just want this novel to be completed really soon. So I decided when I finish the book, I'll go back and edit it.

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Thirty-Four

            Saturday night came too fast. The days at school were all the same. Boring. Not learn anything. After all it was senior year, and let’s just say we weren’t really going to learn anything new that we haven’t learned yet. Not to mention the teachers give the same lectures about going to college, and that we should all be applying now.

            I asked around to see if anybody has started applying, and to my stunned expression, most of the girls at school have already applied. Val has applied to about five colleges, two of them are Ivey league, and the rest are also really good colleges. Val even said that she would help me look for a college that was supposed to be just right for me.

Val and I spent most of Friday searching up colleges. We found some that were pretty good, but they were really expensive. Not to mention they asked for an extremely high school on the ACT. But all in all, I think we found one college in about three hours. I soon realized how much pain Val went through looking for colleges, and I had to share this to Val herself.

            “No, you’re wrong, Audrey, I really didn’t have to look for colleges,” said Val.

            “What do you mean?” I asked, with my eyes widen.

            “I got a lot of ads from colleges, and my mom suggested that I go to the same college she went to,” said Val. I did not receive one ad from a college.

            “And why didn’t I get any mail from colleges?” I asked. I wanted to know what was so special about Val, and why she got mail from colleges and I didn’t.

            “Don’t really know,” said Val, “but I could guess it has something to do with my mom and a lot of her regulars suggesting her stuff to fill out for colleges.”

            With that Val shrugged, and I let the subject drop. Besides Val had to help her mom close the music store and Val said that she had to practice her flute. Apparently, she had to perfect this one piece to help her get a music scholarship. I had no doubt that Val would be able to get the scholarship.

            My mind snapped out about thinking colleges, when I heard a car honk from outside. I got off from the couch that I was currently sitting on, and I walked out the door. I was excited to go get the recorder and listen to it. What can I say? That was all I had in my life.

            I got to sit shot gun right next to Jenny, while everyone was in the back. See how nice my friends were? They even knew that Jenny and I were best friends. I immediately turned up the radio because the song Starships by Nicki Minja came on. Jenny smiled. By the time Jenny pulled out of the driveway, we were all singing the song on the top of our lungs.

            By the time we reached the high school, the excitement doubled for everyone. We got out of the car right away, and we practically ran the whole way there. Of course Val kind of had to ruin our fun.

            “Guys, if you don’t shut your big mouths someone might hear us,” said Val.

            “And Val if you keep thinking like that you’ll ruin all of our fun,” said Miley.

            “But she’s right,” said Jenny.

            After that we tried to be quieter, but that just resulted in us even being louder than before. Jenny quickly picked the lock and we ran inside. Once we got into the locker room, everyone jumped on my shoulders.

            Right when Jenny had her finger tips on the recorder, I lost my balance. This resulted in everyone’s weight shifting and I couldn’t help but fall, and everyone else, too. Miley screamed a little high pitched scream, while everyone else was groaning on the floor.

            “Guys, we have to be quiet!” whispered Val.

            “What the hell was that Audrey?” yelled Jenny.

            “I lost my balance,” I said.

            “Shhh!” said Val, a little louder this time.

            Right after she told us to be quiet we heard a noise outside. Everyone froze. I looked towards Jenny. Who could be outside of the locker room, right now? I would totally kill Jenny if she forgot to tell us some very important information.

            “Do you have the recorder?” I whispered to Jenny. I saw her head nod.

            “We have to get out of here now,” said Miley.

            “No, shit Sherlock,” said Dana.

            I giggled, but then Val hit my arm and gave me a look. I shut up, and tried to act all serious. I knew that Jenny had both of the recorders. That means we could either leave no and not be caught, but miss a week of recording, or we could leave now without getting caught.

            “She’s right,” I said. “We have to miss a week of recording. Whose ever out there, can come in here any minute and see us. We need to get out of here now.”

            I looked around and I saw that everyone was going to listen to me. Dana, Val, Jenny, and I got up from the floor. Miley quickly walked towards the door and opened it up a bit. She looked out.

            “Clear,” she said.

            We opened the door all the way and quickly slipped out. Then we ran back all the way to the car. I don’t think I breathed the whole way back once. And when I got in the car I let go of the big breath I was holding in. I looked at my friends, and I could tell they were feeling the same thing I was.

            They were scared to get caught. However, I would be the one in the end to take the blame. I was now more scared than ever.

I don’t think excitement could ever take that away from me.