The Locker Room: Chapter Six: Picture of Audrey

A/N:

It's Saturday. I'm posting this story, very early in the night because I'll probably sleep all day and completely forget about it. So consider this as a favor by your's truly. Chapter six was very hard for me to write (even though it didn't take long). I wanted to add a scene at the end of the chapter, but I decided that it would be too much drama. It would have been funny though, but I decided to get rid of it. I guess I'll just have to figure something else out. This chapter is much better, and actually there is some key things in this chapter. I am finally happy to get down into the real stuff. Also, I do have a picture for the side, but I'm too lazy to upload it to Photobucket and stuff. XD 

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Six

            At noon I met up with Val. We both decided that it would be best to go to the Wal-Mart two towns away. We did this as a precaution, since if someone did find the recorder the police would have a hell of a time finding us. But I guess in today's world it would be that though, now that I think about it.

            Anyways, Val and I were silent through the car ride. We really had nothing to say. We knew we wouldn't back out now. Right when we walked into the store, I could tell that something was bothering Val. Her hands were always moving, but only sometimes twitching. In her calm state her hands would move normally. She also tended to walk a lot faster than she needed to. I instantly knew that I had to talk to her once we got back into the car.

            It took us fifteen minutes to find the recorder. It was the best one in our price range, even though I was a little disappointed. It reordered what was heard, of course, but it only held seven days of memory. That would mean that every weekend we would have to sneak into the school, and switch the memory with a different one. Val and I shared the same look, but we had to get it. It was the best one we could afford.

            Right then I realized that this plan was very risky. Maybe, we should just leave the guys alone. Privacy. I also realized that I couldn't. I would disappoint my friends, and I couldn't. Besides it was just for fun, right?

            If only I knew that before.

            When Val and I got back into my car, I turned to her. She still looked like she was nervous about something. It did probably have to do with something about the plan. I couldn't think of anything else that has changed in her life besides the plan.

            "Val what's wrong?" I asked.

            "The plan is too risky for me. I mean what if I get caught? My parents would never let me live it down," said Val.

            I remembered Val's mom. She always put a lot of pressure on her to do the right thing. Probably because of her mom knew that Val was the only child she was going to have and didn't want to have a failure child. I took a deep breath before I talked. None of us wanted to get caught and I was sure of this.

            "If we do, I will take the blame," I said, it was out before I thought it over. I never should have said it and I knew I would regret it. Val smiled at me, and it made me happier. I just made her day; I just took the pressure off of her.

            "Thanks," said Val.

            Then I backed up from the parking spot and drove over to Jenny's house. On the way there, all I could think about is getting caught and I taking all the blame. Would I go to jail?

♥                                                                     ♥                                                                 ♥

            I looked around at us. We were all dressed up in our black clothes. We looked amazing thanks to Dana and Miley. Jenny wanted to take a picture of us before we left, but Val insisted that it would leave evidence, even if we don't post it on the internet. We all agreed with Val, and Jenny looked hurt, but agreed.

            We left after that, and pilled into my car. We were going to take my car, since Jenny claims that it's the darkest car any of us own. I drove to the public high school. I didn't want to park in the parking lot, so instead I parked two blocks away. We walked the last two blocks, and Miley complained about her boots killing her feet.

            We finally stopped at the front doors. I personally didn't want to go through the front, but Jenny insisted that it was the closest to the locker rooms. Besides she told us there was no security system and no cameras. The doors would just be locked.

            I had no idea how we were going to get in, but Jenny took out a booby pin from her hair and crunched down on the ground. She started to pick the lock and all of us stared at her. Jenny never knew how to pick a lot before.

            "Hey, someone hold up their flashlight," whispered Jenny. "I can barely see a thing!" I held up my flashlight to the lock. All of a sudden I heard a faint click. Jenny opened the door and smiled at us. We just smiled back, not wanting to make any more noise.

            I was the first one through the doors, since no one else made a move towards it. I took a deep breath, silently. We followed Jenny through the school using our flashlights for light. The school had some lights on, but it was still pretty dark. Jenny got us there within two minutes. I pulled on the door, but it didn't budge.

            "It's locked," said Jenny. She again took out the same booby pin and started to pick at it. I have no idea where Jenny learned how to pick a lot, since I didn't know anyone who could. I would have to ask her later.

            Again, we heard a faint click, and we quickly walked in. This is where the plan got tricky. Before I could yell some orders, the smell hit me. It smelled like Axe. Not sweat, but Axe. That surprised me, but it didn't smell good either. It smelled like way too much Axe and it made me sick.

            "God, do they have to use so much Axe?" asked Val. I let a little giggle through me, and everyone turned to me. I shut up.

            "Okay, we need to stick the recorder up into the ceiling," I whispered. We held the flashlights up towards the ceiling and we groaned.

            "Well, I'm the lightest," said Jenny. The ceiling was high. We would have to stand on the benches, and left up Jenny using our shoulders. It would be tricky, but it would have to be done.

            "I'll be on bottom, then Val, Dana, Miley, and of course Jenny," I said. "I don't think we'll need Miley, though. Not sure." I quickly got on the bench, without making a noise. Val got on my shoulders with no problem. I felt the weight of her, but didn't say anything. I could handle this I told myself over and over.

            After, Val got her balance she let Dana. Dana climbed on me and then Val. Finally, she sat on Dana's shoulders. I looked up and noticed that after all we wouldn't need Miley. This was actually a good thing. Less weight on my shoulders.

            "Jenny, get your ass up there," I said. Jenny nodded and climbed. She got to Dana with ease. She was always climbing trees like it was nothing. She sat down on the shoulders, but there was a problem.

            "Guys, I can't reach it," said Jenny. I groaned. I was wrong. I forgot that Jenny was the smallest one of us.

            "Can't you stand?" asked Val. I looked up and I saw that Jenny stood up. Dana shifted, and I had to shift too. Luckily we didn't fall. Jenny quickly removed the wall. I saw her turn on the recorder, since it had a little red light when it was on. She put it inside the wall. Then she climbed down.

            "Piece of cake," she whispered into my ear when she passed me. Dana quickly climbed down after that. Val, had a little trouble, but I helped her down. Without weight on my shoulders I felt the pain. They were going to be sore in the morning and just to think I would have to do that every single week.

            We quickly got out of there and locked the door again. We ran back outside, and to my care. We jumped in and I started up the car and drove back to Jenny's house. We were all sleeping over there.