The Locker Room: Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N:

I'm so sorry! >.< I was supposed to finish this story by the end of June, but that didn't happen. And it's still not finished....I decided to just break it into two chapters. And no I haven't wrote the second half, yet. I suck at dates. I need to stop doing that. But here is chapter 38, which is interesting. Also, I'm on a kick right now. I've had so many ideas right now, you have no idea. So chapter 39 should be posted later this week. Maybe. 

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Thirty-Eight

            I woke up on Saturday with one thing running through my head. This was the last time I was going to be in the boy’s locker room. I quickly got out of my bed and took a shower. I threw on some random clothes, and walked downstairs. Surprisingly, both of my parents were sitting at the table.

            My mom was drinking a cup of coffee while reading the newspaper. My dad was reading something on his laptop. I looked around and then looked at the clock. It was already 9 am, and they were sitting at the table in the kitchen. By now both of them should be at work – working.

            “Good morning sweetie,” said my mom, while looking up and giving me a small smile. I gave one back.

            “Good morning, mom, dad,” I said. I walked towards the fridge to get a glass of milk.

            “Sit down, after you get your glass of milk,” said my dad. He closed his laptop and crossed his fingers. I frowned. The only time when my parents really talked to me was when it was something serious. Other than that I’ve been on my own ever since I turned thirteen.

            I followed my dad’s instructions, and after I got my glass of milk I sat down at the table. I took a sip and wanted for them to talk. Meanwhile, all I wanted to do was go back upstairs in my room. Just think if I slept in a little bit longer they probably would have left.

            “Do you know what college you want to go to?” blurted out my mom. My dad gave her a look that said we-talked-about-this-and-this-wasn’t-the-way-it-was-supposed-to-go. Meanwhile, I lifted my cup of milk to my lips and took a big drink.

           The one question that I didn’t want anybody to ask, and my parents asked me at nine on a Saturday morning. The worse part? I couldn’t even give them an answer. Sure I’ve been looking at colleges, but it’s not like one college has jumped out at me. But then again apparently colleges don’t just pop out of thin air. By my body language, I think my parents got the answer pretty clear.

            “Oh, honey! We were worried this would happen to you,” said my mom.

            “Well, Audrey, if you need any help trying to find the perfect college for you, we are here for you,” said my dad, while gesturing towards him and my mom. I just smiled and nodded.

♥                                                                     ♥                                                                 ♥

            After, my little chat with my parents I spent the rest of the morning and the afternoon looking up colleges. It was rough. I still didn’t find any of them that screamed out towards me. Maybe, I’ll just end up going to that stupid community college that wasn’t too far away.

            But what finally stopped me looking up colleges was the doorbell ringing. I silently thanked whoever that was, and I rushed down the stairs to answer it. Standing there was Jenny, she had a mutual face on. I couldn’t read it at all. I let her in and we silently moved to the living room. We sat down, and waited for the rest to show up.

            “Just so you know, I can’t believe this is ending,” said Jenny.

            “I know,” I said.

            “I don’t want it to end either. I mean I do and I don’t,” said Jenny. I smiled.

           “I feel the same way. I mean it was fun, listening to what they said, but I don’t want to get in trouble,” I said.

            “And we can’t afford to put it on our college applications,” said Jenny. I groaned at that. Jenny gave me a blank stare. “You know I’m excited to go to college.”

            “I can’t even find a college,” I said. Jenny brightened up at that, and she even shifted in her seat. I could tell that she was so happy, and I even think I just made her day.

            “We should go to the same college! I mean apply to the same colleges, and then if there’s one that we both get into, then we should totally go there,” said Jenny.

            I thought about it for two seconds, it wasn’t a bad idea. So I eventually agreed with her, and then she quickly read off a few colleges she was going to apply to. I didn’t recognize any of them, but before I could mention anything more the doorbell rang again. I quickly got up, and to my rescue everyone else was standing on my porch.

            Needless, to say everyone just got in the car.

♥                                                                     ♥                                                                 ♥

            It was already like second nature for us. We were in the locker room in under a minute. Jenny could unlock the door’s lock so fast now. Thinking back to that first time, I hadn’t really noticed that she struggled. But here we were in the locker room.

            I quickly let everyone on my shoulders; my shoulder’s got pretty used to the weight from the first time. They weren’t really sore anymore the next day. I was grateful for that.

            I looked up, and I could barely see that Jenny grabbed the recorder. She used to put the second recorder in her back pocket, but this time she didn’t. I felt a pang hit, when she didn’t replace it. And here I thought I wasn’t going to miss this stuff. How wrong I was.

            She got down from the top, and we all sighed, deeply. It all hit us that this was going to be the last time in the boy’s locker room. I was totally going to miss seeing those red lockers, and I was sure that everyone else was too. However, one thing for sure I wasn’t going to miss was the smell. 

            “We should get going, I want to listen to that recorder over and over,” said Miley. We all smiled and chimed in some sort of a yeah. Then we started towards the door. But something stopped us.

            And it was the door opening, as well as a guy’s voice. But it wasn’t just a guy’s voice ­­­- it was defiantly an adult’s voice. We all stopped in our tracks. Hell, I even felt Dana bump into my back. But we quickly knew what we had to do. Hide.

            We silently, ran to the back of the locker room. We heard a few people walking in, and they were chatting quietly. Meanwhile, we were trying to figure out a plan to get us out of this mess.