Soul mates. . .

I was the last person to be escorted out of the pack house. I watched as everyone filed out all going in the same direction in the woods all dressed in white fancy clothing. At last it was my turn my stomach churned as I heard the door nob twist wondering who was going to come through the door.

I could exit Jonathan, Audrey, and Paiten off the list because they were the first to leave leading everyone into the woods. I got a glimpse of Jonathan in his white tuxedo from the spot I stood near the window. The door swung open ever so slowly a head peeked in.

"It's our time to go sweetheart are you ready?" Jonathan's mother stood at the door holding the handle. I nodded my head the crystal crown weighing down as a remind of who I now was.

She took my hand in hers and we walked down the stairs soon following the path the other took, "you look gorgeous you know," she spoke trying to make conversation, "I remember when I was young and beautiful. Now, well," she sighed, "my times almost up."

"Not trying to intrude, but what do you mean by 'your times almost up'?" I was quick to question her words.

She looked up at me, "I forget your human and don't know much of our world," I hiked up my dress even more as she pause once again, "how do I describe this to you? Hmm, so as you know we have soul mates. Soul mates are your other half and without them you start to, well wither away. Sometimes you get a second chance, and sometimes you don't. In this case I'm withering away. My mate was cruel and power hungry. I see that now, I also see my selfish ways I was much like him, so I'm accepting my punishment. In two days I will most likely be deteriorating in a wood box," I gasped. I didn't know what to say, "here's the tree arch we're almost there."

The rest of the thirty minute walk was silent. As we were rejoined with the other I noticed the setup in a weird kind of way it's like a wedding. A really big wedding with chairs on either side of the dirt path that was covered with a red carpet. At the end of the red carpet were stairs leading down into a stone pit with carvings on the outside. I glanced at the pit. From afar I could see a red substance lied inside.

"Seeing as our Luna has arrived we are ready to begin!" Paiten stood up I stood in place the opposite end of the stone pit. Everyone turned and looked at me then back up at Paiten, "our alpha and Luna will now walk among the blood stained carpet of our past and the ceremony shall begin."

I could feel Jonathan's presence next to me. We linked arms, all I could think about as we walked down the carpet was it's stained in blood, blood of their own. I let down my dress was we walked down the carpet arm in arm. At long last we got to the end of the carpet and turned to faced the crowd.

"Today I renounce my title as alpha, handing the title of alpha to the next in line, Jonathan, and by his side to rule as his equal Jonathans mate Evangeline."

"Today I accept the title as Alpha, with sworn duty to protect each and everyone of you, till my heir takes the title," Jonathan spoke after Paiten I knew it was my turn to speak the well over rehearsed lines.

"Today I accept the title as Luna, to protect and serve with love and care until the next," I took a deep breathe not know what to expect after the lines were spoke.

"These two accept their duty's and responsibilities, with the packs support they will now drink the blood, of the past and present pack members," my eyes popped out of their sockets. Drink blood! Of the past and present?! Doesn't like blood expire or something?! Jonathans mom comes down the isle holding a silver goblet.

The goblet burned her hands and you could hear the sizzling of skin as she cane down the isle. The goblet was handed to Paiten and the same sound was heard. He lifted the goblet in the air.

"I ask the mood goddess to give strength to our pack in health and in numbers, as we switch leaders," he turned facing us handing Jonathan the goblet. Jonathan and I turned to face each other as he held the goblet.

Looking me in the eye he held the cup up to his lips and tilted the cup back taking a long gulp. I got slightly light headed. Having second thoughts I shook my head as he attempted to hand the cup to me, "Trust me," he whispered with blood stained teeth and lips.

I took a deep breath too the goblet with shaky hands, holding it up to my lips I took a big gulp of the metallic tasting substance. Paiten took the cup from me and turned to face the crowd who was watching us intensely. I cringed as the metallic taste stayed in my mouth.

"Now," Paiten said from behind us. We turned to see Paiten inform of the pit cup and knife in hand, "each will bath in the life of the pack," he dumped the rest of the contents of the cup inside the pit and now realized the red stuff in the pit was indeed blood. How does one obtain that much blood?!

Now, now I freaking out, "but first, you two will be linked by blood. Hands please," I hesitantly gave him my right hand as Jonathan gave him his left. Paiten took our hands making a slash across the palm - which I held in a few tears for- and then Jonathan and I joined hands.

"This is a special case," Paiten spoke again, "Evangeline is not one of us seeing as she's human, so instead of a dip in the life of our pack, she's going to be in a bit longer. Her heart will stop as an affect of downing but then with the power running through her veins she will be revived. When revived she will have all the abilities of a normal werewolf minus the ability to shift," my heart raced at his words and I looked at Jonathan. This is where I was going to die!

"Calm down Evangeline it's going to be fine," Jonathan whispered from besides me as Paiten continued to speak. I shook my head slightly hyperventilating.

"The ceremony shall now commence as Alpha and Luna walk into the life of our pack," Jonathan squeezed my hand and began walking forward. I refused to move at first but he yanked me along I followed right behind him.

The blood first reached the bottom of the soles. Now I realize why Audrey wouldn't want her shoes back. My whole foot was emerged in the warm thick substance along with the white dress. Next the blood was up to my waist and I slightly began to freak out even more. What if I got aids! Or a different deadly disease?! I was now neck deep in blood. Taking a deep breathe I'm submerged under the substance.

I ran out of air in a short amount of time and seemed to be held under as I struggled to resurface. Freaking out even more I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out just blood flooding inside my mouth.

The darkness came after that, then I just let go.

We're almost to the end of this story guys it's been a pleasure ! I love you all and without you I wouldn't be where I am today !

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share !