Something fishy was going on here. . .

"Hey Eva," I looked up from the book I was reading, in front of me stands Leah.

"Hey," closing my book I stair up at her, as her shadow blocks the sun from view, "you finally made it." I had been waiting since the beginning of school for her and the others to come and join me. Without them it seemed lonelier than usual. I've grown accustom to their presence.

"Yah. I'm not lucky enough to have my parents pull me out of school on this fine day," I gave her a questioning look. "Audrey and I are getting left behind as some of us are getting pulled out for family issues."

I nod, "Where's Audrey?" I asked.

"She will be getting en rolled tomorrow," she shrugged and sat down next to me on the bench. Opening up her backpack she pulls out a package of chips.

I shake my head and open up my own backpack stuffing my book inside and pulling out an apple. Leah pulled her phone out of her back pocket as it continuously buzzed and beeped. I looked at her curiously. She looked up from her phone and looked at me with an un readable expression. Just as she opened her mouth the bell for class rang. Leah stood up and smiled.

"Lets get to class before we're late," I stood up also and we walked to class.

"Beep, beep! Honk, honk!"

I stood in front of the school I look to see a blue jeep honking at me. Inside the jeep is Audrey who's honking the horn and Leah's who has her head down and her hand up to her temples. I laugh, and walk over to the car.

"Hey guys, you wanna give me a lift?" I asked.

"Of course hop in!" Audrey was first to answer my question I smiled and hop in the back seat.

"Lets get food I'm starved," we had pulled out the school parking lot when Leah had spoke. Audrey took a sharp right turn which made Leah curse under her breathe. "I would prefer not die before I get to eat thank you very much!" Leah seems irritated.

"My bad," we pulled up to everyone's favorite dinner in town, "you said you were hungry, so I had to make a little detour." Audrey powered off the car and opened her door. Leah and I soon followed.

We walked into the small dinner and the three of us sat at a booth in the back of the diner.

"I'll pay, get whatever y'all want," Audrey looked at the menu as she spoke.

"You were gonna pay either way. Especially after the concussion you gave me."

I laughed as Audrey set the menu down on the table and turned to look at Leah.

"I already said sorry, anyway it was kind of your fault," Audrey said the last part under her breathe. Leah heard either way after all she was sitting next to her.

"My fault! I'm no-" a person cut her off and slid into the extra seat next to me.

"What are these two arguing about this time?" I looked over to see Jonathan sitting next me. I smile for some odd reason and the room seems to light up.

I just shook my head to indicate I wasn't paying attention he chuckled. A sound probably better then sex. Oh my gosh what am I saying! Why am I thinking these things? Do I need a therapist?

"Hello I'm July how can I help y'all today?" A brunette waitress finally came over to take our order her Texan accent thicker than most.

The girls quite bickering and Audrey ordered first, "Can I have a double cheeseburger with everything on it a side of fries, make that a large, an order of chicken strips the six count please, and a strawberry milkshake to drink."

The waitress nodded her head as she took Audrey's order, "and for you sugar?" She was now looking at Leah.

"Just the chicken strip basket with a vanilla milkshake, tater tots make that a large, and a piece of pie cherry please."

I looked down at the menu once more. The waitress finally turned and looked at me, "Just a chocolate milkshake please-"

Jonathan started to talk as soon as I started talking, "And a cheese burger dry with just meat and cheese with a medium fry. For her, I want two grilled cheese sandwich's with a pineapple-banana smoothie, and a large fry," the waitress quickly wrote down our order and walked away before I had time to object.

"Hey, how'd you know my order?"

Jonathan shrugged his shoulders," Lucky guess I presume."

Something fishy was going on here and I was going to get to the bottom of it.