I want to be with you...but I can't

"Evangeline," I stood in the mirror eyeing the bite mark that laid on my shoulder, "Evangeline talk to me," I couldn't talk because I had no words. I turned to Jonathan looking at his green orbs. For the first time in days they weren't black.

"What's wrong with me?" I whispered then turned back around facing the mirror and touching the bite that laid on my shoulder. Jonathan came closer up behind me.

"Nothings wrong with you. Your perfect," I shook my head.

"I should be mad at you, but I'm not!" I went off, "I'm supposed to be pissed for what you did to me, but," I tangled my hands in my hair, "I'm not," tears fell down as I slid to the floor with my knees up against my chest, "I just want to go home. I want my old life back. I want to be normal again," Jonathan squat down in front of me, touching my tear stained face.

"Is that what you really want? You don't want the life I could give you showered in love and affection, your only chance of happiness, because Evangeline your my only chance at happiness and I know that now," he made me look up at him as he spoke softly. He let go of my chin and I looked back down.

I shook my head, "I can't give you want you want, I can't be the girl you want, I'm not what you are, I don't know how your world works," Jonathan sighed.

"Look at me," I looked up into his piercing green eyes, "you are the one I want, you are the girl I want, I wouldn't choose anybody else over your. You were made for me and I was made for you. I can teach you this world, my world," I continued to shake my head pulling my hand out of my hair I banged my head against the wall and looked up closing my shutting my eyes tight.

Jonathan ok my hands in his, entwining our fingers. A tingling feeling shot up my hands. A feeling I had longed for since I was young, but one thought was still going through my head. I yanked my hands away from his and wiped my face.

"You need an heir to take over your pack?" I sniffled. His face brightened and he smiled.

"That much you understand, I'll teach you the rest like mates, and what that mark on your shoulder is-" I stopped him by holding up my hand. ,tears streamed down my face again, "Evangeline what's wrong? Please don't cry, I beg of you," his face looked so hurt. He was just getting through to me and I ruined it.

"I can't- I want to go home," I bawled.

"Please, Evangeline stay here with me," I shook my head.

"Don't you get it! I yearn for your touch, I want to be with you, I do, but I can't give you what you want! I can't give you an heir," I spoke the words slowly and quietly. I watched Jonathan's expression he looked confused.

"I don't care about an heir I care about you!" He swooped me up pulling me into a big hug, I sob in his arms and we stayed like that for hours.

                 I woke up in up in a bed, by myself. Sitting up I looked all around the bed for the one person I pinged for. Throwing my feet over the side of the bed I get up and make my way to the door. Turning the knob I find the door is unlocked, so I opened it and walked down the deserted hall.

I walked all the way to Jonathan's office, "Paiten is really going to renounce his position as alpha, and he wants to do it as soon as possible," I stood outside the door listening to the voices, "Jonathan what are you going to do? Paiten is the best one to take over the pack, we found his mate she's just in a temporary coma, but your, yours cannot give you an heir," my eyes widened.

"Audrey, stop. You will not talk to or about my Mate like that! What happened you use to love Evangeline?" It's not ease dropping I conciseness myself.

"Will the door not open?" I heard a voice behind me and jumped running into the cracked door and falling on the floor, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." I looked up at guy with big eyes.

"Evangeline," I looked over at Jonathan who's eyed me. I stood quickly dashing over to hide behind him from the strange man I had never seen before.

"So is this her? She smells human," the man walked up to Jonathan's desk.

"Yes, Evangeline meet Paiten my older brother," he sat down in his chair leaving my vulnerable with no one to hid behind. I looked up at the strange man. For him to be the older brother he was shorter than Jonathan, and unlike his siblings he had black hair with brow eyes. He isn't as big or buff as Jonathan, but he's not puny.

He smiled over at me then turned his eyes back to Jonathan and Audrey, "so I say we have the ceremony tomorrow!" He clapped his hands. I looked at Jonathan who was at the edge of his seat.

"That's not enough time to get everything together, we haven't switched alpha positions to the next sibling in ever. We need time to get everything in place, not to mention we don't have the blade, or anything," I had not a clue what they were talking about.

"I have it all cover, I have everything we need," Paiten seemed eager.

"Paiten, brother, we need at least a week still. We need to notify the pack what will happen where it will be, they need to agree with us on the switch of power," Paiten shook his head.

"You have till Friday, I'm leaving Saturday morning," Jonathan stood up.

"Your leaving?"

"Of course I am, I'm not going to be able to face anyone in the pack after and I need to find my own mate help," Jonathan sighed and sat back down, "whenever I give you my power it would also be a good time to link Evangeline with the pack."

Paiten walked out the room leaving everyone left to stair at me.