. . .pain.

Night time fell again. This time Jonathan wouldn't be with me. I wasn't mad at him a surprise to me as well as him, but I just couldn't be mad at him no longer how much I tried. He explained everything to me, even the reason why he couldn't be with me tonight.

I sighed as Leah sat at the window, "this place reeks of your mate," I shook my head. They were in an argument.

"It's his room after all," my body began to feel numb. I could mentally feel the full moon begin to reveal itself.

"Why coupling we get a different room?" She questioned looking at the sky then back at me.

"Because it makes me feel better," I took a deep breath and Leah stood up.

"You'll get through this I promise." She rested her hand on my shoulder. How I longed for it to be his as my body temperature rose. I groaned in pain and she removed her hand.

"I'll got get some ice," she rushed down stairs. I shook my head, I couldn't take it I needed him. I stood up, with weak legs and stumbled out the room. I leaned against the elevator wall as the doors clamped shut and I sunk down wanting to scream in pain.

I held the scream, I would surly be taken back to the room to suffer if I did. The elevator door opened and I was on the second floor. I had no clue where I was going, but I knew he was close. I attempted to stand but it was to painful so I crawled along. I was sure I would get discovered by someone, but the floor seemed abandoned.

Stopping at the end of the hall I leaned up against the wall to a door who's light was on I could tell as it fled out the room from the crack at the bottom of the door. I groaned in pain and attempted yet again to stand up to open the door. I fell back down in a huff.

As if on cue the door opened, and I looked up the person who opened the door and smiled, "Lina," he breathed, "what are you doing here?" His eyes flashed between black and green. I smiled up at him longing to touch him. He stood a distance away and bent down to my level.

I reached my hand out and it came in contact with his cheek. I sighed in relief as he took a deep breath, "go back to your room Lina," I shook my head. I needed to be here with him.he closed his eyes, when they opened they remained the same green I hated not to long ago. I smiled into his eyes.

"I want to stay with you," I spoke my hand still in contact with his cheek. He shrugged my hand off and I frowned, hurt.

"You can't," he stood back up gripping the door frame. His breathing became ragged and rushed. I reached my hand out for him the pain returning.

"Please don't leave me," I whispered, he turned back and faced me his eyes pitch black. He bent back down and swooped me up. I smiled. He turned to make our way into the bed room only to be stopped by a voice.

"Evangeline, what are you doing down here?" Leah. Jonathan turned, "Alex."

"Leah," I wonder who this Alex they were speaking of. Did Jonathan change his name? Why didn't I know of this?

"Alex Evangeline is in my care. Jonathan thought it'd be best till morning," but he is Jonathan?

"I'm sure he won't mind if I take her off your hands," Leah approached us.

"I can't disobey the alpha and he said she is supporting to be in my care," Jonathan's eyes flashed and for a split second they were green, but as fast as they showed they were gone.

"I'm alpha to so I say I'll take her off your hands your dismissed," Jonathan waved her off. I feel like a stuffed animal that they're passing around. I frowned.

"Let Jonathan back in control Alex," now I mildly confused. Back in control? Are they playing a video game or something? Who is this Alex tho, can I meet him. Maybe he's cute, I giggled and Jonathan looked down at me.

I pulled my arms and feet out from me being in a ball and stretched with a yawn falling out of Jonathan's hands I yelped in pain as I hit the cold surface of the floor. Instead of Jonathan picking me back up I was swooped up by cold arms, "she's burning up. If she gets only hotter it could be fatal," Jonathan tried to snatch me out of Leah's arms but she dashed off up the stairs.

I groaned in pain once again the feeling of being away from Jonathan dawning on me.

Short chapter because the previous two were long . Just a few more chapter until the book is officially over and done with! And book four of my 'My Mate' series will be published. I'm excited one more book after that and the series is complete!