,"ice cream!"

It's been two days since Jonathan last visited me. I don't care what happens to him, but my body for some odd reason yearned for his touch. Dismissing the thoughts I turned my attention back to the toddler in front of me. The toddler that just mothers ago was a baby and couldn't even crawl.

It still astonished me that he, was a werewolf to meaning he grew faster than normal babies. I never thought I'd be babysitting a werewolf I always thought they'd be babysitting me, but here I am sitting on the couch while Liam, the small child, played with his toys while watching Disney Jr. I sighed and Liam looked up at me.

"What's wrong miss?" He asked putting down his toy that he had been playing with.

"Nothing," he crawls up on the couch and sits facing me.

"Why do you sigh and have a frown? Are all humans like that? They tell me you are human, is that true?"

Liam shot me a million questions I smiled, "I sigh and frown because I am not happy, and no not all humans are miserable as me."

"Miserable? Unhappy?" He questioned. My eyes widen at the point and fact that the one year old doesn't comprehend my words, "did I make you unhappy?" I shake my head frantically.

"Oh no Liam your company has been delightful," he smiled than sat in my lap.

"You know what makes me happy when I'm sad?" I shook my head, "ice cream!"

I laugh, "do you want some ice cream Liam?" Liam nods his head frantically, "Let's go get some!" I sand up with Liam in my arms. Making my way to the kitchen I set the small boy on top of the kitchens island and open the freezer find two tubs of ice cream. Pulling them both out I set them next to Liam.

"Chocolate!" Was the first thing I heard. Getting two spoons we ate the ice cream strait out on the tub.

As we sat there eating ice cream I began to think, did I want children? Children of my own that is? I only come out of thought when Leah rushes into the kitchen spots and spots me and Liam, "great there you are! Evangeline we have to go!"

"What do you mean? What's going on?" I asked.

"No time to explain grab Liam and let's go!" She goes back the way she came from and I do as instructed grabbing Liam and rushing after her.

"Leah stop!" She didn't listen to me as I called after her following her to the garage.

"What happening?" Liam asked.

"I don't know," I whispered. We at last reached the car garage and Leah threw the door open to a Honda Civic grabbed me roughly pushed me in the back and slammed the door shut going to the passengers seat.

"You got her! We have to find Audrey!" I buckled Liam down in the middle and looked up at Harley who is driving. She sped out of the garage and I was slammed into the door.

"What happening!?" I questioned. Leah turned back.

"Rouge attack. Don't worry your safe here with us. Jonathan already knows he's on his way back," she turned back around and I started to panic.

"What's a rouge and why is it attacking us?!"

"Evangeline we will explain everything but not now," and with that Leah jumped out the car and shifted mid running off somewhere in the distance.

"Is she crazy?!" I said fully freaking out.

"No she's doing as Jonathan instructed her to do and I'm doing as he instructed me to do," Harley was speeding down the road that takes us out of town.

"Where are you taking us?" I asked.

"To a designated safe spot," Liam trembled from beside me.

"What's wring Liam?" I asked. He was on the verge of tears.

"I want my mom," I unbuckled him sat him on my lap scooted to the middle spot and buckled us up.

"It's ok," I cooed. I was soon eating my words as the car came to a sudden stop and the seat belt kept me from being thrown into the wind shield. Damn got to love the seat belt!

Harley looked behind her at what I presume is the back window and starts backing up at the same speed she was going forward with. I looked up front to see the source of the problem. A big stack of logs that are on fire blocked our path. Whenever we were a distance away she stopped the car and turned it off.

"We need to put out the fire before the whole forest catches on fire," I nod.

"How are we going to put it out?" I questioned.

"Damn it!" She cursed.

Before we could process what was happening the passengers door was thrown open along with the door to the right of me, and in hopped two people.

"What's the hold up!" Audrey asked.

"Fire," Leah spoke for her, "you can smell it in the air."

"We need to put it out like now. If not it's going to spread," Harley spoke.

"Ok Harley and I will work on putting it, but you two need to get to the safe house. The twins will be waiting there to move y'all to the next spot," Leah had turned around to talk to Audrey and I. Audrey nodded her head.

Leah and Harley both got out the car and we took their spots with Liam still terrified in my lap, "Audrey take the back road and don't do anything stupid."

"Ok and can't promise anything," Audrey back up and did a sharp U- turn speeding on the opposite direction of Leah and Harley. Back towards town.

We got to the back rode only to find it blocked off to and also on fire, but people were already on the job of putting it out. Checking all of the other roads leading out of town they were all blocked.

"Damn it!" Audrey hit the steering wheel, "we have to go by foot now through the forest," she stated. I frowned.

"The forest? How far is the safe house," Audrey looked at me, shut off the car and got out. I followed her motion she went to the back of the car and opened the trunk.

"By car an hour, for me an hour and some change, of us about two hours," Liam who was standing next me to yanked on my hand and motioned to me that he wanted to be carried. I abided and picked him up while Audrey took two backpacks out of the trunk.

"We're going on foot?" She nods.

"Unless you want to try to remove all of those from the path, yes," I rolled my eyes.

"We can try to move it all. They're not on f-" I was cut off mid sentence by Audrey putting her hand over my mouth and pushing into the forest. We hid in a bunch of bushes as two guys appeared.

"This is the car," the guy in the grey said.

"If it's the car where are they at?" The guy in the black sounded highly irritated.

"They couldn't have gone far. They say she's human after all," I almost gasped.

"You better hope, let's pick up their scent from the car," they opened the car doors, Audrey turned to me.

"Give me your jacket," she ordered. I did as she said, "keep on going north, you'll hit a river. When you hit that river jump in it'll mask your smell, and from there go west you should hit a little log cabin not far from there."

"Wait why are you telling me this?" I questioned. She handed me both of the backpacks.

"Inside there is your phone, and some extra battery packs, along with clothes and food," she didn't answer my question, "now run."

I couldn't object before she jumped out at the two guys and I had no choice but to run.