Chapter 78

My blood drips to the ground as I anxiously glance around. I press my hand to heal myself as another attack races towards me. I roll to the left as the attack grazes my shoulder. I gasp in pain, glancing anxiously around me.

"Show yourself, coward!" I hiss, clenching my fists in anger. A woman steps out from behind a tree, being hidden by a cloak. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, knowing she was the woman from my dreams.

She slowly takes another step towards me as my blood boils with anger. This woman has been reappearing in my dreams, and I have to figure it out. She summons another blade, narrowing her eyes at me.

"You're just a waste of space," she mocks as a dark aura surrounds her. I stare at her, seeing a murderous intent in her dark red eyes. "Celestial goddess: guardian warrior angel," I say, feeling the angel power enter me. In the end, I look exactly like this:

The woman casually stares at me, not seeming fazed my transformation

The woman casually stares at me, not seeming fazed my transformation. I furrow my eyebrows, trying to ignore her expression. I close my eyes, concentrating on the light as my injuries heal.

"You know, I have been watching you," she says as I stare at her, trying to think positively. I charge at her, not daring to hold back. She tries to dodge my attack, being hit by my sword multiple times.

She lands harshly on the ground as blood pours out of her. I heave a sigh, narrowing my eyes at her. She chuckles as a dark smirk appears on her lips. A look of alarm crosses my face as she stands up. "Cel—" I begin as fear forms within me.

My muscles shiver as an amused smirk makes its way to her face. No one has ever been able to stand against that attack before. "You must be wondering how I survived that," she says in a sickly sweet tone.

"I-I..." I say, trying to get out a full sentence. Fear forms deep within me as I narrow my eyes at her. None of this makes any sense. That was a spell that was supposed to defeat my opponent and yet it failed. The woman smirks in my direction, seeming rather satisfied. "It's time I reveal myself," she says suddenly.

I arch a brow, not daring to take my gaze off of her. She gently places her hands on her cloak, studying me. The woman purses her lips for a second, flashing me a look of amusement. I intently stare at her as deep curiosity forms within me. She pulls off her cloak as a gasp escapes my lips. Surprise fills me as I realize that she is my very own mom.