Chapter 23

I breathe heavily, glancing at them. "Requip!" Erza yells as her form changes. Erza smiles as she appears into a white dress that went to her knees with armor around her shoulders and chest.

On her feet, she wore white boots that came above her knees. She touches all of us with her sword, and I felt my skin tingling. In a quick moment, we appear at the finish line. "Good job! You guys came in first place," the announcer says.

I smile, giving Erza a big hug. "Yay, we did it!" I say, seeing Erza smile. "Now, lets search for Wendy." We hurry out of there, finding Wendy and Carla in the infirmary with serious injuries.

I stare at Wendy, being familiar with the magic that was used against her. It was a magic that could absorb people's energy. We had to be careful. If we are going up against an enemy with this power, then we can't afford to risk things.

"Wendy, we will win this for you.." Natsu says as I glance at the scene, feeling frustrated. I was being too patient with these weaklings. This whole thing annoyed me. "I-I need some air.." I say.

I hurry out of the infirmary, rushing away. Why do I have to continuously hide my powers? This annoyed me more than anything. I just wanted to let my powers lose, allowing the world to face my wrath.

I found myself sitting down against a tree, crying to myself. Why do I feel so weak again? I promised myself I wouldn't cry and yet here I am. I felt a hand on my head as I gasp, feeling a sudden calmness form within me.

"It's okay," the voice says softly as Irene stands there. She has a kind gaze, staring at me for a moment. I stand up, giving her a big hug. "Irene..." I murmur as she stares at me for a moment.

"I missed you too..." She says, handing me something. It was a celestial key as I study it. This was a lost gate key. "W-Who is the spirit..?" I choke out.

"The celestial dragon," she says as I stare at her in surprise. "The celestial dragon and I were good friends, and she wanted me to give this to you." I nod before giving her a big hug.

"I-Irene..." I sob as she stares at me. "How do I be strong when I miss you guys so much?" She sighs, holding me in her arms. I accept her hug as a smile appears on her face.

"Don't worry, we will attack soon after the grand magic games," she says as a reassuring smile appears on her face. She sighs before glancing away, having a nervous expression on her face. She closes her eyes as tears form in them.

"Do you have to go?" I say sadly, seeing her nod. "Then go." She smiles before hurrying away. I stand up, deciding to go back to the hotel room to get some rest. She is right. I have to stay strong until then.