Chapter 4

My eyes snap open, and I instantly panic, not knowing where I was. I glance all around, studying the walls and everything. My door swings open as Irene stands there, making me remember why I was here.

"Lucy, I am going to be gone for a little while," she says. "I'm getting you all thirteen gate keys." I glance at her as fear forms within me. Why will she be gone? Since all of that trouble with my family, she has been there for me.

I nod. "I'm going to miss you.."

She gives me a small hug before walking out of my room. I walk over to my closet, finding a pair of nice, black leggings with a black crop top. I also put my hair up in a high ponytail, not missing a single hair.

I find some black slip ons, putting them on. Now, I was prepared to join the others. I find them in the dining room as a look of relief appears on my face. "Lucy!" Brandish says happily, staring at me.

"Hi.." I say quietly, glancing at August. He was a tall man that had a brown haired beard with a few silver linings in it. "You must be the celestial mage," he says as I nod lightly, meeting his gaze. "That's a wonderful power to wield."

I nod. "What magic do you wield, sir?" I say politely, seeing him chuckle. He sighs, glancing at me for a long moment. "Copy magic, fire magic, sleep magic, bullet magic, and ars magic," he says.

I stare at him for a moment, astonished. That's a lot of magic to wield. "I will be stronger than you one day," I say, seeing him chuckle. "I want to learn every magic."

He arches a brow. "Really?"

I nod, staring at him. "Yes!"

After we finish eating, he leads us outside. "Brandish, what magic do you want to learn?" He asks as the young girl glances all around, thinking it over super carefully.

"I want to learn a magic that people often underestimate," Brandish exclaims. "I want to learn commander T magic." I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, knowing that too many people didn't think much of commander T (growth and shrink) magic.

He nods. "I see..."

"What do we have to do first?" I ask, seeing him stare at us. "Concentrate? Run?" He furrows his eyebrows, staring at us for a long time before a smile appears on his face.

"Lucy, I will teach you the basics of Magic first and the easiest magic ever," he says, narrowing his eyes at me. "Okay, lets begin!" I nod, feeling his intense gaze.

He places his hand on my shoulder, closing his eyes for a moment. "What power do you want to learn first?" He asks as I stare at him with my brown orbs.

"I want to learn magic itself," I say, seeing him nod. "I want to learn how to nullify people's magic, copy it, and so much more." He nods, sending an orb of fire at a tree, burning it completely down.

"Concentrate on doing the same spell," he says, and I nod, doing as he told me. When fire comes out of my hand, I instantly smile, knowing I did well.