Chapter 77

I approach the front of the building as the white haired female walks towards me. "That was impressive," she says with a slight smile. "You should definitely stand up for yourself more often."

I furrow my eyebrows as a twisted feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. "I'm not sure what to think anymore," I admit. She arches a brow as curiosity forms on her face. I stare at her as instant relief washes over me.

"If you're this stressed out, then you need to take a vacation," she suggests. "Go to the place that you need to be." I sigh, taking her in her words. Where should I go? I ask myself as an idea pops into my head.

I nod. "T-Thanks..." I say as she grins. I walk away, knowing that I had to go straight to the train station. The train station came into view as relief washes over me.

"Luce!" Natsu's voice came from behind. I slowly turn around, seeing Natsu and Happy standing there. Both of them held bright smiles, having a positive aura around them. "What do you want?" I ask grumpily, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

Natsu frowns, narrowing his eyes at me. "Lucy, I just wanted to come and check on you," he says in a serious tone. "I..." Tears form in my eyes as I clench my fists, furrowing my eyebrows in concentration. He looks very similar to my master.

I bite my lip, trying to hide my emotions. I couldn't break down and cry in front of Natsu. If I did, he would pity me. "That's enough!" I say sharply, glaring at him. "I'm fine! Now, leave me alone!" Natsu's eyes widen in surprise as he narrows his eyes at me.

"L-Luce, y-you don't mean that..." He says nervously. I glare at him as my eyes turn a dark red color. He stares at the ground in defeat before walking away. Why do I push people away when I'm hurting? I ask myself.

The train ride was rather long, having constant reminders of what I lost. I lost my friends, the people who I thought would never betray me. In the past, I was living for my friends and hoping to move on but even that eventually failed. They betrayed me.

The trip ends soon after as I head to the Heartfilia mansion. This was where my dreams took place. This place must have some connection to the cloaked woman in my dreams.

The Heartfilia mansion looks abandoned as I approach. All of the memories I had with my parents came to the surface as I clench my fists. I do miss my parents, but there's no hope in trying to search through my past. A gasp escapes my lips as a sudden pain hits my side, making me cough out blood.