Chapter 35

We sat with our teams, being curious about the battles. "Okay, here's the battle portion," pumpkin man exclaims. "It's Milianna from Mermaid Heel vs Semmes from Quatro Puppy." I sigh, knowing I had to watch their every movements.

Semmes started spinning in circles as I stare at him, being aware of his speed. His speed wasn't that impressive. "Kitten blast!" Milianna yells, sending the spell at him. Instead of the spell harming him, it just bounced off.

"She shouldn't be using direct magic," I murmur to myself, knowing my team heard that. Erza nods as her eyes pierce the battlefield. "But, we shouldn't worry too much," Erza states. "She's got this."

A second later, Milianna ties up his legs, knocking him to the ground. He fell unconscious as I stare blankly at the battlefield. I knew she wasn't a threat at all, but something seems off.

Erza and Kagura would do their best to protect Milianna. Even so, that didn't make much of a difference. "Nice job by Milianna!" The announcer yells as I glance at Erza.

"Go Milianna!" Erza hollers in amazement. I roll my eyes in annoyance, waiting for the next fight to begin. "The next battle is Rufus from Sabertooth vs Eve from Blue Pegasus," pumpkin guy states.

I intently eye the battlefield as they head out there. Rufus has a serious expression on his face, not seeming fazed by Eve. His magic seems a bit abnormal, being different from many others. He uses memory make magic, being able to copy the powers and abilities of anyone he sees.

The secret to beating him is using a power he isn't familiar with or using his power against him. When using memory magic, it's essential to be careful. You don't want to be the one to erase someone else's memory.

Besides, if you erase the wrong things, then they will have a giant void for most of their life. I watch them fight, seeing them going at it for a little while. In the end, Eve didn't stand a chance against Rufus, losing the fight.

I sigh, knowing that Sabertooth just passed fairy tail team B. If we weren't careful, Sabertooth would cause some serious damage in the next few days. "The next battle is Laxus vs Alexei," the announcer states.

I frown, knowing this was the guy who planned on attacking me in the closet. Thanks to my master, he was prohibited from doing that, and his memory of that event was erased.

"Something is going to be off this battle," I state as Erza nods in agreement. Unlike normal times, Laxus wasn't fighting as hard. He was giving casual punches, being very sloppy with his fighting style.

"Come on, Laxus!" Natsu yells. I study him, noticing his fighting style was off. He had his fists in the air like Natsu, being hit with tons of attacks. Laxus didn't fight back nor try to win the fight.

All of a sudden, lightning tore apart the scene in front of us. I gasp, realizing it was an illusion. Alexei lays on the ground, being weakened. His mask was off as I realize it was no other than Ivan, the guild master of Raven Tail.