Chapter 71

The serious expression on my face doesn't falter as I narrow my eyes at my master. In the end, it's all up to me to save this dreaded world. I wasn't the only one he fooled, but I was definitely going to be the last. "Alright," I say with a twisted smirk.

My master charges at me, aiming a punch for my head. I duck under the punch, kicking him in the stomach. He falters and falls to the ground. I stare at him with no emotion as his eyes widen in surprise.

"You will pay for that!" My master yells viciously. I roll my eyes, hoping that he would eventually regret his decision of betraying us. "Celestial goddess beam!" I say as galaxy-like orbs surround him.

An intense layer of smoke fills the air as hope flutters within me. Maybe, I could use the smoke to my advantage. Before I could decide on what to do, I was hit by a force. I hit the ground as a slight bruise appears on my stomach. A gasp escapes my lips as my master stands there.

He stares at me as an amused look appears on his face. "That's very typical of you, my dear apprentice," he says in a mocking tone. I force myself off of the cold floor, knowing that I had to use my celestial goddess magic.

"Celestial elements: secret move!" I say, sending a giant blast of galaxy energy at him. The blast completely surrounds him, knocking him to the ground. Bruises cover his body as he stares at me.

"That was very impressive, my dear apprentice," my master says with a twisted smirk. "That one attack could've taken out an entire planet." Fear finds its place inside of me as I shakily stare at my master. How is he this powerful? Is this really the power of fairy heart?

My body starts to tremble in fear as I stare at my master. My magic doesn't compare to his at all. My master was right; I had no chance of beating him in the first place. Before anything else could happen, the guild doors slam open. A male with long, blue hair stands there, having an unflinching look on his face.

The male smirks in my direction, having little to no injuries on his body as I stare at him in shock. The last time I saw him, he was deeply injured from our previous fight. My master's eyes widen as he furrows his eyebrows in concentration.

The male casually stares at me. "See? I told you so," he says with a smirk. I sigh, staring at the ground in dismay. I nod, shifting my gaze to my master. "Acnologia, it's nice to see you again," my master says with a sadistic smirk.