Chapter 94

It felt like no time passed as we stand before the guild wizards. I smile, knowing that they were much stronger than before. "Alright, guys," I say, shifting my gaze to the wizard saints. "I want you guys to spar with each other."

Diamond furrows her eyebrows, nodding in agreement. Diamond charges at Jura, having a serious expression on her face as she aims a punch for his face. I nod, shifting my gaze to Dimaria and Brandish. Brandish exchanges a long look with Dimaria, furrowing her eyebrows in concentration.

Dimaria sends a quick punch at Brandish as a smirk appears on her face. Brandish catches the punch, knocking Dimaria to the ground. Dimaria stands up, an impressed look appearing on her face. "You are stronger now," Dimaria states.

Erza carefully walks towards Gildarts as a serious look appears on her face. "You ready?" She asks cautiously as he nods. Erza requips into her flight armor, racing at him with a newfound speed. Gildarts' eyes widen in surprise as he hits the ground.

"You won't get me next time," Gildarts says with a cocky grin, forcing himself off of the ground. He charges at Erza, sending attack after attack. A look of satisfaction appears on my face as I carefully watch their performances. Irene walks towards me, having a nervous expression on her face.

"Lucy, do you want to spar against me?" Irene asks sweetly. I furrow my eyebrows as a look of concern appears on my face. When we used to spar, I remember defeating her. "I have improved," she adds as I glance at Acnologia.

Acnologia hasn't spoken to me. He must be disappointed due to what happened in our last battle. "Sure!" I say, narrowing my eyes at her. Irene smiles, meeting my gaze.

"So, I guess this leaves us," August says as Acnologia nods. Acnologia charges at the elderly man, aiming a punch in his direction. August jumps in the air, keeping a stern look on his face as he sends a giant attack in Acnologia's direction.

"Don't get distracted," Irene warns as she smirks. I furrow my eyebrows, knowing that I had to take this seriously. In fights like these, Irene always takes it seriously and never holds back.

I smile. "Bring it on..."

Irene charges in my direction with her inhuman speed, having a smirk on her lips. I close my eyes in concentration, feeling my power swirl around within me. My fingers snap as the air around her freezes. "Deadly form: white demon dragon," I say as the dark power enters me. In the end, I look exactly like this:

I charge in Irene's direction as a look of alarm crosses her face

I charge in Irene's direction as a look of alarm crosses her face. Before she had time to react, I stand besides her with my sword in hand. I slice through Irene, knocking her to the ground. I land on the ground, exhaling loudly. It took me a few seconds to realize that Irene was not getting up as horror strikes within me.

Irene lays weakly on the ground, being covered in injures. I rush to her side as my eyes widen in terror. I scream in agony as my eyes fill with tears. This is all my fault, I tell myself. If only I knew how to control my powers better.

Tears stream down my cheeks as I close my eyes. This is my fault, I tell myself. "Lucy, it's going to be okay," a familiar voice says as a comforting hand appears on my shoulder. My form starts to change as I sigh heavily. In the end, I look exactly like this:

I stare at her, knowing what had to be done

I stare at her, knowing what had to be done. I place my hands over Irene's stomach as all of her injures disappear instantly. Irene's eyes open as terror appears on her face. "L-Lucy...?" Irene says as she quivers in fear.

Everyone backs away from me, having nervous expressions. "Lucy, I think you should take a break from the wizard saints," August says urgently, turning his attention to the other wizard saints. "What do you guys think?" Irene nods sheepishly, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Finally!" Acnologia blurts out as amusement appears on his face. I bite my lip, trying not to cry. Gildarts stares at me in concern. "I hate to say it, but I agree," Gildarts admits, staring at the ground.

Erza frowns as a look of pity appears on her face. "Sorry, Lucy," she says, not daring to glance in my direction. I glance at Brandish and Dimaria, hoping that they would be on my side.

"Lucy, a lot has happened, and I don't think you're in the right mindset to lead the wizard saints," Brandish says, staring at the ground. "You need to clear your head and rest up." I clench my fists in rage as a hopeful look I turn my attention to Dimaria.

"I agree." Dimaria nods in Brandish's direction as my heart drops. Anger rushes through me as my eyes close. I thought they cared for me, but I was wrong. "It's the only way to protect you," Brandish adds.

"You need time to yourself," Jura states, not daring to even look in my direction. I glare at him, feeling my rage. A frown appears on my lips as I stare at the ground. Maybe, their betrayal is a form of karma.

I betrayed fairy tail in the past and this is what it feels like. I force a bitter smile, trying to not break down into tears. Maybe, this would help me betray them more easily latter on. "I'm sorry, Lucy," Diamond says in an emotionless tone. "Perhaps, it's for the best."

She winks at me, nodding in my direction. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, wondering what she meant by that. "Maybe, you're right," I say bitterly as my hair covers my eyes. "You guys can defeat Ankhseram by yourselves." A twisted grin appears on my face  as I feel their curious gazes.

"Lucy, that's not what we meant..." Dimaria says as I burst into a dark laughter. All of them turned against me and soon enough, I will be leading the war against them. Before anyone could do anything, I run into the nearest forest.