Chapter 100

My mom and I stare at each other for a long moment as silence fills the air around us. "You achieved your true goddess form," my mom says with a dark smirk, narrowing her eyes at me. "Even so, I won't be defeated that easily." I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, knowing that I had to try and save her.

"I know the truth, mom," I say as she stares at me in surprise. "You never wanted to become goddess Ankhseram. You wanted to help me grow up and be by my side. I remember everything!"

Tears form in her eyes as they shift back to their normal, brown color. "L-Lucy..." She chokes out as tears stream down her cheeks. "I-I'm so sorry..." My mom covers her mouth as sadness appears in her eyes.

"M-Mom, I..." I start, watching in terror as her eyes turn gold. The woman before me bursts into a dark laughter, hurling a golden orb in my direction. I roll to the left as the orb barely misses my shoulder. She groans in annoyance, flinging orb after orb in my direction.

"You're mom is dead!" Ankhseram roars, having a golden sparkle in her eyes. My eyes flash a bright blue as I glare at her. My mom may have been forced into becoming this woman to protect me, but I'll be the one to save her.

"Celestial goddess: cycle of magic!" I say, summoning all of the powers from the spirits in the celestial spirit world. The spell hits the woman before me, knocking her to the ground. She groans in anger, racing towards me with a sword in hand.

"Celestial defense!" I say as a galaxy wall appears before me, knocking Ankhseram to the ground. She forces herself off of the ground as hatred appears on her face. "I summon the powers of the gods!" My mom shouts furiously.

I nervously glance around, watching as a different colored mist comes from the gods' body. Ankhseram bursts into a dark laughter, absorbing the power in the air. Before I have time to react, a giant blast of power races towards me. "Lucy, look out!" Acnologia says worriedly, using his dragon roar to knock out the spell.

"You'll pay for that, dragon," Ankhseram hisses, narrowing her eyes at him. She holds up her hands as millions of magic attacks charge towards us. A sudden enchantment surrounds us, being able to stop the spell. Irene stands there, having a stern look on her face.

"If you're not going to treat Lucy like your daughter, then I'll adopt her," Irene says with a genuine smile. "In this decision, you'll have no say." Ankhseram bursts into a dark laughter, sending another orb at us.

"Allow me," I say calmly, closing my eyes in concentration. "Celestial reflection!" The raging power reflects back in her direction as Ankhseram's eyes widen in surprise. The goddess of life and death snaps her fingers as the spell disappears into thin air. 

"Crash magic: secret spell!" Gildarts says as a beam of magic roars in her direction. Ankhseram jumps in the air to avoid the attack, having a stern look on her face. Brandish casually smiles, forcing her to the ground as her weight increases. Dimaria stands next to Brandish as a smirk appears on her face.

Dimaria quickly charges at Ankhseram, making time slow down as she knocks the goddess into the forest. Ankhseram groans, forcing herself to stand up. "These attacks didn't even faze her," Jura says in surprise. "We need Diamond."

I shake my head, staring at the ground in dismay. "Diamond is the very reason why my mom is like this," I state. "In the past, she forced my mom to become Ankhseram in order to protect me." Gasps escape their lips as they stare at me in shock.

"It's nice to know that you finally know the truth," a familiar voice says as I turn in that direction. Diamond stands there, having a dark smirk on her lips as she bursts into a dark laughter.

"Diamond." I narrow my eyes at her. "You'll pay for what you've done!" I charge in her direction, being knocked to the ground by Ankhseram. Diamond furrows her eyebrows in concentration, shifting her gaze to my mom.

"I don't need her anymore," Diamond says with a smirk, stabbing my mom in the back. Blood pours out of my mom's back as she falls to the ground. My heart shatters as I rush to my mom's side. "M-Mom..." I say shakily as tears stream down my cheeks.