Chapter Thirty-Four: Friends

Faye and Cyrus were sitting in the living room of his cabin waiting for Elsie to arrive.  It felt like the sun had virtually disappeared in only a few short hours ending a day she planned to store away for remembering on a darker one. Everything about it had been great, up until the last half hour, when Cyrus decided to go over the inner workings of his security system with her.

She didn't want to tell him that she was having a hard time retaining all of the things he was telling her so she just kind of nodded until he was done talking.  She was never one for lectures and when he asked if she had any questions, she nodded again. 

He simply shook his head, then reached out pulling her closer so he could plant a little kiss affectionately on her forehead saying, "Just promise me that you will stay inside, and you won't let anyone in, but Elsie, and maybe Louis."

"I promise.  I'll be fine, don't worry about anything, but hurrying back to me."

He reached for her hand, interlacing their fingers, staring at them as he said, "I can't stop thinking about the distance I'm going to put between us tonight.  It feels so... wrong."

"Where exactly are you going?"

"New York," he answered, sounding completely forlorn.

"But... Wait a minute... You can make it to New York and back in one night, on foot?"

"Yes."

She smiled, "That's amazing, and maybe you won't be gone the whole night, right?"

"I hope not, but it depends on how things go when I get there."

"Well don't let them take long."

"I hope to handle the situation in a matter of minutes, but I don't know if that's realistic or me being optimistic."

"What are you doing," she asked again.

"I told you, I can't tell you yet."

Ok, it's time for some incentive, Faye thought. She shifted over and climbed right into his lap straddling him. She took his hands and placed them on her hips, then asked, "And you're sure you won't tell me what this is all about?"

He smiled a sexy sideways grin and she thought, this is so gonna backfire.  She was the one who couldn't resist that look. 

"Are you trying to seduce me?"

"Is it working?"

He leaned in and licked her neck, causing a shiver of pure lust to move through her. He shifted her hips forward slightly, and then there was a knock at the door.  He growled and his fangs came out, and Faye had to admit, it was even more of a turn on.  

Cyrus kissed her quickly, then said, "You can be so distracting," as he shifted her off his lap and went to answer the door.

Faye stayed on the couch, as Cyrus escorted Elsie into the living room. She was wearing navy blue sweatpants and a grey hooded sweatshirt that obviously belonged to Louis,  or the Jolly Green Giant.

"Hey Faye, how you feeling," Elsie asked, all smiles.

"I'm well, thank you," she replied politely.

"Good. We're gonna' have fun tonight," and Faye was surprised that Elsie seemed genuinely excited.

"Thank you for coming," Cyrus said.

"You don't have to thank me," she replied then unzipped the large brown purse she had slung over her shoulder. She fished out a pair of aqua blue moccasin style slippers with light grey stitching and matching bows on the fronts. She kicked her sneakers off and slid her sock clad feet into them as Cyrus and Faye watched. When she noticed she said, "What? This is a slumber party right, I love my slippers."