Chapter Fifteen: Revelations

After Cyrus left, Faye stumbled out of the office in a daze.  She got her coat and purse out of her locker then walked out of the diner.  She got in her car knowing she was going to get bitched at for walking out, and if anyone saw them in the office she would likely be fired, but at that moment she didn’t care.  She needed air.  

After a few minutes of watching people walk in and out of the diner she dug her cell out of her purse and called Mel. It was just after eight-thirty in morning and she knew Mel wouldn't be up, but Faye prayed she would answer. On the fourth ring she was greeted with a groggy, "This better be good," and all Faye could say was, "Oh thank god."

"Are you ok," Mel asked sounding a little more awake.

"I don’t know… Cyrus came into the diner and pulled me into the office asking me to go away with him, and we almost… well, you know.  Right there up against the wall. I can't control myself around him. I need guidance,"and she was painfully aware of  just how desperate she sounded.

"Wow Faye, I think you said all of that in one breath."

"Mel. I'm serious. I don't know what to do."

"Well I would avoid having sex at work unless you want to get fired, but anywhere else, I say go for it. And honey let's face it, it's been a while.  If he makes you that crazy it'll probably be good."

"I'm sure it will be, but I don't really know him. It scares me, he scares me. I promised him I would go with him and I wouldn't tell anyone about it. I don't even know where he's planning to drag me off to, or for how long, and I promised him I would go."

"A promise is a promise," Mel said,  teasing.

"Mel, I can't go away with him."

"Why?"

"Besides the obvious, I have work."

"Go. You need some adventure in your life, and let’s be honest here… It’s not like you even like your job so worse case scenario you find another one when you get back."

She let that sink in for a moment before saying, "I thought you would talk me out of this."

"No honey, you need this."

"…You're right.  Ok. I'm gonna’ do it. I'm going with him," she proclaimed excitedly.

"That's my girl. Now, call me later, I'm going back to sleep."

"Ok" Faye agreed, smiling as Mel hung up.

Faye grabbed the handle of her car door to get out when a porcelain skinned, black haired girl, pretty enough to be a model caught her attention.  The girl was holding onto a man’s arm who looked a little too old for her, and as they entered the diner she cringed.  He was clearly some kind of a sugar daddy and Faye hated waiting on people like that, and then she thought, Nope. I'm not going back in there.  

She started the engine of her car and pulled out of the lot heading home to... pack. The thought of taking a trip had a big cheesy grin on her face, and then she remembered Cyrus said not to leave and that he would be back so she needed to call him. As she drove she hit the button on her phone realizing it was the first time she's ever called him and when a generic preprogrammed greeting picked up reciting the number she dialed, she hung up feeling a little uncertain again, but she didn’t turn around.

Cyrus left Faye to get blood.  Having his mouth on her neck had made his gums tighten like his fangs were going to come out. He had to stop, not because he was worried about biting her so much as concealing the dagger like teeth that would’ve surly sent her running. He wanted to be with her more than anything. One kiss was all it took. One kiss and Cyrus would never be the same. Having her that close, her taste in his mouth, her scent in his nose, and her body pressed against his... it was overwhelming in the best possible way. He was never going to let her go. He just needed a short blood supply and then they were leaving.