Chapter Twenty-Five: Shattered

The next morning Faye woke alone in bed. She sat up and spotted Cyrus standing outside on the deck, and then the rest of the view came into focus.

"Holy Shit," she said and jumped up to go outside. She went straight to the edge of the deck stunned by the view. There was a small grass clearing leading down to a lake. On the other side of the water in the distance were mountains, big beautiful mountains. There were trees everywhere dancing in the breeze displaying all the different shades of fall and the sun was shining down in rays that seemed strategically placed to highlight the most beautiful points.

"Ok, so I totally get why you have all of the windows now," she said as Cyrus came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist putting his chin on her head.

"It's a nice view," he said with the exhale of a deep breath.

Nice didn’t cover it, "It's to die for," she said leaning into him.

"I don't know about all that, but it is my second favorite sight."

"What's your first," she asked unable to imagine anything better than the serene view before her.

"You," he whispered into her ear.

She elbowed him playfully, "Dork."

He squeezed her a little tighter and they stayed that way until she shivered from the cool air, "Come on," he said and scooped her up into his arms.

"Hey!"

"It's too cold for you to be outside dressed as you are," he said sitting her down once he had her inside.

"I wasn't ready to come in."

"I don't really want you outside until I talk to Louis, and you see Howahkan."

"Oh," Faye said put off by that. It wasn't that she forgot about the whole Shaman thing, but it hadn't crossed her mind in the short amount of time she had been awake. She wanted to hang out on the back deck for a while longer, but that wasn't happening now that her little dilemma was back, front and center.

"When do you want to go," she asked feeling thwarted.

"The sooner the better."

"Ok. I guess I'll get a shower then we can leave," she said regretfully and he nodded sitting down in one of the chairs. She dug in the suitcase Cyrus had carried up and pulled out a few things then went into his massive bathroom.

She laid her stuff down on the ledge of a Jacuzzi tub hoping at some point she would get to try the thing out. The view and a swim in that tub, she thought would make a lot of the crap she was dealing with worth it, which was kind of sad. She realized she was going to have to reevaluate more than just her job situation when she got home. A great view and a bath in a Jacuzzi tub should not be enough to cancel out the discovery of Vampires and Werewolves.

Faye showered and dressed in a pair of boot cut jeans, and a pale pink fitted long sleeve shirt. She dried hair with a blow dryer and applied a little mascara, thankful Cyrus insisted she get whatever she wanted. Mascara is her stranded on a deserted island and can only have one cosmetic choice. It seemed to brighten her whole face. The cut on her forehead had faded more and the marks on her neck were equally as light.  She felt moderately confident.

When she came out of the bathroom she noticed Cyrus had spent his time making the bed and cleaning up anything that had been out of place. He looked her over then said, "Although you look lovely in that shirt you should put something heavier on. We'll be outside for a little while and I don't want you to be cold. I hung everything in the closet," and he pointed to the door for the walk-in.