Chapter Two: An Old Friend

Roxanne got into her vehicle and headed the opposite direction of Cyrus. He was mad, really mad. He was always mad at her for something, but there was nothing she could do about it. It's not like she enjoyed pissing him off him it just always seemed to happen. She didn't like it, but she'd been blind to everything beyond that girl's blood.

Roxy would've drained her dry right there on the side of the road if there had been no interruption. The human tasted so different she wondered if Cyrus would be able to resist. One taste and she was sure he would understand.

Unfortunately, Cyrus was older, a lot older, and with age comes restraint so she couldn't bank on him losing it like she had.

The only thing Roxy could think to do was to leave in hopes distance would calm Cyrus. She drove not really knowing where she was going. She had an apartment in her name, but she didn't want to be alone. She wanted a body next to her, and not just any body, there was someone she suddenly wanted to see.

A couple of hours later Roxy found herself on the doorstep of an old friend. She knocked feeling unusually nervous as she waited before the heavy wooden door opened.

"Hector," she said as sweetly as she could upon seeing his muscular frame.

"Roxanne," he replied, his Spanish accent as prominent as ever. "My, my, my..." he drawled before adding, "You look beautiful," then he let his eyes roam over her. She liked it and smiled seductively asking, "Are you going to invite me in?"

Hector's chin tilted up and he looked at her as though he was surprised by her. She wasn't sure how to take it until he stepped aside making room for her to enter saying, "It seems your beauty has stolen my manors."

She inclined her head politely as she passed by him. She heard him close the door behind her, and then he had an arm around her waist drawing her back against his thick chest. She gasped, but not out of fear.

Hector was a few inches taller than her and solid. Things had always been platonic between them, but she was more than willing to explore, had even fantasized about it. Hector was in the room when she awoke to her new life and she bonded with him effortlessly. His angular face, bronze skin, and dark eyes made him look exotic to her. She wanted to be close to him, but Cyrus didn't approve of her spending time with Hector. Roxy wanted to anyway, desperately at times.

Times like now, she thought as his free hand touched her chin turning head slightly, exposing her neck. She felt the tip of his nose run upwards as he inhaled the scent of her skin and he stopped when his mouth was level with her ear, "I don't know what you've been up to... but it's treated you very well."

She placed a hand over his on her waist and ran her other one up to his cheek, "Hector, you have no idea."

He spun her around and his dark stare fixed her in place, "I smell it in you... May I have a taste?"

In answer Roxy tilted her head exposing her throat to him. Hector smiled and forced her back against the wall as he sunk his teeth into her flesh. The bite only lasted a moment before hector released his fangs, and delighted her by seeking her lips. Apparently the blood in her was as irresistible to him as it was to her, even second hand.

A few hours later Roxy was curled up against Hector with her hand gently running up and down the tan, roped flesh that was his abdomen. Her long harbored desire sated, temporarily.

"That was amazing," she said.

"Yes," he responded drowsily, and after a few minutes of silence he said, "Rox, I hate to bring him up... but, does Cyrus know you're here?"

Her hand stopped, "No... It doesn't matter though."

He ran his hand through her hair, "Why not?"

She sat up on her elbows and looked him square in the eye answering in a serious manor, "I've done the forbidden."

Hector laughed; a deep rich sound that delighted her senses. "You mean you were true to your nature. Is there a clean up issue or is he going to deal with the body?"

Roxy couldn't help but feel relief at the casual way Hector spoke. "No body, well not when I left anyway. His problem is with the proximity."

"Too close to home," Hector said and she nodded before telling him what happened.

Afterwards Hector looked at her and said, "Roxy, I think you should stay here with me. Cyrus is too stifling for you. You're meant to be adventurous, and you've been a vampire for long enough to no longer require coaching."

Roxy leaned forward and kissed him before pulling back, "Do you know how long I've wanted to do this," she asked.

He smiled, "Do what?"

She leaned in and kissed him again before saying, "Just be with you. Something feels right about this."

Hector shifted rolling her to her back and settled on top of her saying, "Then don't spend another second worrying about Cyrus. I can handle him," and then he kissed her again.