Chapter Nineteen: Medieval Craftsmanship

Roxy walked through Hectors home finding him and Tatiana in the dining room. She had never been in the dinning room before, it seemed very medieval gothic to her. The walls were a dark red and the carved wood table in the center of the room had a dark walnut stain with high back chairs that came to points. There was a black wrought iron chandelier hanging overhead and it had actual lit candles that matched big cross shaped sconces mounted on the walls. She liked everything about the room… except the bitch sitting at the head of his table like she owned the place.

Hector stood eyeing her cautiously, undoubtedly trying silently to remind her to behave. Fuck that, she thought and went right over to him kissing him for all she was worth. He pulled away from her gently and she looked to Tatiana licking her lips with a smile. "Oh please," Tatiana said irritated then added for Hector, "I don't see why you want to go through all this trouble for her. I really don't." Hector looked to Roxy ignoring Tatiana and pulled the chair next to his out for her to sit.  She obliged and Hector said, "Tatiana asked Octavius to come over. He'll be here any minute," alarming her.

Roxy was scared of Octavius; she didn't trust him… or Tatiana for that matter. She had a feeling the meeting was only going to make things worse and asked, "Have either one of you thought what we're going to do if Cyrus shows up with the girl while Octavius is here."

Tatiana smiled, "Of course... We'll all have a sip of the delicacy that has brought us together then we'll figure out where we can keep her."

"Tatiana, I do not think that is a reasonable plan," Hector said calmly and although the mention of having another drink from the girl did make her mouth water Roxy was in agreement with him.

"I did not ask for your opinion," Tatiana fired back.

"You are here on my request-" Hector started to say but Tatiana cut him off. 

"Exactly.  I am here because you need my help and however I decide to handle this is how it’s going to be handled, got it,” She questioned as a heavy nock on the front door echoed through the house stopping the power struggle immediately. Yep... things are only going to get worse, Roxy thought as she watched Hector stalk from the room.

As soon as Hector was out of sight Tatiana looked to Roxy, "Do not tell Octavius that your friend is supposed to bring the Rare Blood," and the deadly tone of her voice warned of her seriousness. Of course Roxy wanted to immediately blab it just to piss her off but she wanted to figure out why it was important first and asked, "Why?"

"He doesn't need to know," she whispered nearly inaudible.

"Why?"

"Don't open your mouth again," Tatiana warned right as Octavius entered the dinning room followed by Hector.

Tatiana stood and held her hand out, palm down. Octavius took it and kissed it politely before saying, "Tatiana, it's lovely to see you again," making Roxy want to gag and when he turned his beady little eyes on her she had a brief flash of panic but he thankfully didn't acknowledge her.  He turned his attention back to Tatiana who said, "Octavius I would like to discuss-,” and she gestured toward Roxy as she continued, “This with you."

"Who else knows about the girl," he asked looking to Hector but Tatiana answered, "Just me, and imagine my surprise to find you are trying to procure it."

"So the girl lives then?"

"Yes," Hector answered.

"Tatiana you know I will turn her over to the Council. I'm not doing this for personal gain."

"Is that so?"

"Of course. It's for the good of the entire Council. She's one of Apollo's. We could replenish our..." He paused looking at Roxy as if he were uncertain about speaking then continued reluctantly, "Our resources with one vial of her blood."