Chapter Fifty: Something Normal and Wilted

I'm a vampire, Faye thought as Cyrus escorted her from the room they were in.  I'm a Vampire, she repeated silently as they made their way down a plain white hallway with linoleum flooring towards a set of metal doors with a center push-bar and a sign displaying the symbol for stairs. He opened one of the doors saying, "We have to go up."

"Where are we," she asked as it dawned on her that they were in some sort of hospital.

"The pack clinic," he replied casually, but she stopped dead in her tracks as this intense hopefulness sprang to life sending little jolts through her whole body, and she questioned, "Back in Montana?"

"Yeah," he answered as the door closed, shutting them in the stairwell. He turned toward her with a smirk on his face, "You're happy to be here, I can feel it."

"Relieved," she said, looking up into his eyes.

In that silent space she felt a million different things, but Cyrus suddenly dominated them all. His electric blue eyes blazed into hers, and though she had always reacted to him, this time it was something different. The air seemed to thicken to a degree that she could feel the movement of his chest as it expanded and contracted with his every breath. It felt like water lapping at her skin and had her swallowing audibly.

"I'm sorry," she blurted out, nervous suddenly.

"For what," he asked.

"For everything... for leaving."

He reached out touching her face, saying, "We don't have to talk about this."

She shook her head, "I need you to know that I thought I was protecting you.  I thought I was doing the right thing, that it'd be ok," and she looked away from him as she continued, "I thought we'd be ok."

"Hey," he said tilting her chin back up, "We're ok."

"So many people were hurt because of me-"

"Not people," he interrupted, "Not innocents."

"What about you?"

"Not innocent," he repeated slowly, almost menacing sounding, and then he leaned down and  kissed her.

Faye was unprepared for how insane it felt to have Cyrus' lips moving against hers.

Words forgotten, she arched up into him, letting her hands tangle in his long blonde hair.  She may have been all sorts of mixed up, but her desire for Cyrus was clear. The more of him she could feel, the more she wanted to. There was this tremor of anticipation that rolled through her body as it remembered his, though this was as new to her mind's eye as everything else.      

The kiss lasted a few blissfully devouring seconds before she felt a distracting pressure in her teeth and pulled back startled to find her fangs had come out. She moved to cover her mouth, but Cyrus was on it, stopping her.  He grabbed her chin and held her eyes with his murmuring, "Just relax," running the tip of his nose along her jaw... Then there was movement and a gasp, they were not alone.  Faye jolted in a freakish display of self preservation letting loose some kind of heat that dropped Cyrus, and whoever had the misfortune of opening the door.

She looked to the ground in a panic as she saw Cyrus, Louis, and Elsie all on their asses.

"Holy... shit," Elsie said, and Louis asked, "Did that just come out of her?"

"I ah... Yeah... I think," Faye stumbled.  Having no explanation she looked to Cyrus.

Cyrus felt the current through their bond. It radiated out of her and hit him from the ground like some kind of reverse lightening. She'd dropped them, and though he could feel her freaking out, he thought it was awesome.