Take It All

Two Weeks Later

(Nick's POV)

The New York humidity was getting to me, it was night time. Why the hell was it so sticky anyways? I unbuttoned four of the buttons on my shirt, exhaling sharply when cooler air made contact with my sweaty body.

It was 11 o'clock on a sunday night. Dylan must've been with Travis. Both of them had fallen for each other and weren't afraid to show it. I was still single....but rich.

Thank God.

I saw a woman approach me. She was dressed in a skirt which barely covered her front, she was wearing a bikini top and evidence of her coke-snorting habits lay on her chest. The white of the powder, sharply contrasted with the tan of her skin.

"Looking for a good time, honey?" She spoke, her voice guttural and hoarse due to the drug. Her green eyes had their pupils dilated, she was high.

"No, thank you." I politely replied, but she grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me to her almost bare body, "Come on honey, one big O for me and then I can service you."

I grabbed her hands and pulled her off, "Thank you, but I'll pass." She smelt of whiskey, coke and sex. It was a rancid smell that made me dry heave.

I quickly walked away and was about to hail a cab when I heard shuffling in a dark alley behind me.

"Did you screw her, yet?" The voice asked, it was a windy voice, too raspy but firm at the same time. I couldn't see their faces as the alley was pitch dark, so I relied on my ears to hear what was being said. I knew I had no business eavesdropping, but something about the two entities shrouded in darkness, egged me in a bad way.

"No, I haven't, not yet!" The second voice was younger and firmer it sounded like....oh my God, it can't be.

"Travis! You are wasting time! Get her now!" The voice snarled.

"I can't hurt Dylan!" Travis replied.

"No, you won't hurt Dylan. You will kill Dylan. The little bitch deserves what is coming her way and you will be the one to deliver it."

I watched the other person fall to the ground, he was on his knees, "Please spare her life! The debt was of her father. A father she doesn't even fucking know of."

A hand came across Travis' cheek and I flinched.

The voice spoke again, "Debts are transferable by blood. The bastard, sonofabitch knew that when he took his own life. He knew that it would get transferred to her. Unless she pays, either with her life or with hard cash, I ain't letting his spawn go."

Suddenly the world wasn't the same anymore, Travis....Travis Maddox was plotting against Dylan Hunter. No, wait! He wasn't plotting...it was the other man who was. But why? What had she done? Dylan was innocent. I don't even know the reason I was defending her, but I knew that those two voices knew something, I didn't. And what talk was this about a father? I knew that Dylan's dad and mom lived in India. They were happily married, and they had parented....

or did they not?

Was Dylan's entire upbringing a lie?

But I knew one thing with conviction....Travis wasn't in the mood to hurt her, in fact, he was trying to protect her.

"It's late. I have to go, Dylan will be waiting for me at home." Travis got up and dusted the mud of his jeans. He received a call that had been loudly vibrating, "Dylan, babe. I'm on my way. I'm getting Chinese takeout. See you in twenty." And with that he cut the phone.

Bastard liar! Chinese takeout? My ass.

Travis turned to the mystery man, "Take what you want from me. Take it all. But spare her. She doesn't deserve to die."

"If she pays up, she won't die. But if she refuses to, she will be killed. Either way, she'll end up on the streets, where death is much more painful and slow to come. A bullet between her eyes, would be faster and fantastic. Wouldn't you say so?" The raspy man seemed so happy at the sick tirade. I wanted to lunge forward and pummel the shit out of his body.

I realized that at Travis didn't want to hurt her but there was something off about him and that mystery man and I vowed to find out what exactly they were planning.

I won't and can't let her die. She wouldn't be deserving of this cruelty. Her bastard father did, not her. And it was a pity that the son of a gun was dead.

Because had he been alive, I would have put a bullet between his eyes.

*

SHOUT OUT TO kitten_lover09 for the three amazing as Fuck covers!! you all should design some  too!!

Okay so that is a short but game changing chapter.

do you really know Travis? hahaha I guess not. I'm evil. I know.

my BIRTHDAY is tomorrow 24/7...Haaahahahah

love me baby!

20 votes and 10 comments for another chapter ;) leave me messages on my board . I'd love to hear what you think about the book.

vote and stay blessed, my billionaires!

xx

Aurora