Cheaters

I woke up to find Travis gone, but the imprint of the bed was still fresh so I assumed that he must have left a while ago.

I didn't want him to go, but I couldn't have asked him to stay either. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun, unwrapped myself from the constricting white sheets and walked to the kitchen. I was in my bra and panties. A very lacy piece that costed a fortune.

As I walked, I could smell bacon and eggs, I thought Sherry might be making the food, "Smells so good, Sherry." I entered the kitchen and gasped as Sherry wasn't the one who was cooking, it was Travis.

He turned around and immediately dropped the spatula he was holding as his eyes raked over me, "Dylan... you look umm....scrumptious...I mean delicious...no I mean..."

I cut him off, laughing, "Yes, I look delicious...hmm..cooking for me?"

Travis gave me an awkward smile, he bent down and picked up the spatula, throwing it in the sink, he said, "So this is bacon and eggs and your orange juice is in the fridge. Sherry took the liberty of showing me where everything was, and then she left for the office. Said something about putting in some extra time with the boss."

I nodded and smiled. Sherry was gone again. Now, she hardly used to come to the apartment...it was almost as if she had moved out.

*

Travis smiled at me as I entered the office. Nick, being the usual asshole he was, scowled at me from behind his desk.

Nick furiously typed something on his laptop. I felt myself grow nervous, I straightened my white skirt and black shirt, I cleared my throat as Nick spoke up, "Travis, I need to speak to my PA, alone."

There was no mistaking the emphasis the last word carried. I gulped with nervousness, Travis got up from his chair, winked at me and then exited Nick's office.

I closed the door and walked to Nick's desk, "What's up, boss?" I smiled at Nick. Nick's hand shot out and grabbed my wrist, he pulled me sharply and put me on his desk. He spread my legs with his hands and positoned himself in between.

"What are you doing?" I whispered. Nick glared at me, he rose from his chair and grabbed my face.

"What the hell are you playing at, Dylan?" Nick said, through clenched teeth. I snorted and pushed him away, but he came closer and pulled my body against his, "I will not repeat myself. Do not defy me."

He grabbed my wrists and pinned it behind me, my chest brushing heavily against his.

His brown eyes were creating holes in my self control. I grit my teeth, "Nick, let me go." I spread my legs wider in order to accomodate his violating presence,  not because something had clenched in me.

Nick scoffed, "Travis is your screw buddy? Huh? Rebound guy? Couldn't you find someone better?"

I smirked at him, "You mean someone like you? Nah, I think I'll pass on the offer."

"You infernal woman!" Nick said. He let go of my wrists as I crossed my arms over my chest, "Why are you being this way? Are you high or male-PMSing due to lack of sex?"

Nick pulled away from me and walked to the window in his office, "Cassia broke up with me! We've separated, permanently."

An instant wave of sadness filled the room. It radiated off Nick in tidal waves. The man looked defeated. He looked broken. His shoulders slumped downwards, his hair dishevelled and his eyes had eyebags underneath them, due to an obvious lack of sleep. Plus, if the mugs of coffee on his desk was any indicator of what he was going through, it was bad...really bad.