Dangerous Feelings

Nick's POV

"Are you going to chastise me like a child?" I asked an anxious Cassia. Cassia scowled at me, "Are you going to continue to act like one?"

"And what do you know about children?" I let out a snort, before the regret sunk in to my mind. But it was too late, Cassia's hand sliced through the air and landed painfully on my cheek. 

Damn, she can hit hard.

Cassia hissed, "Screw you!" Her brown hair flew behind her as she grabbed her phone and flung it at me. Her black eyes were pulsating with anger.

Her phone hit my cheeks and I recoiled, the pain stinging me. I knew I shouldn't have made that comment. Cassia had a miscarriage a few years ago, the people at the hospital hadn't cleaned up the mess and it ended up in her getting blocked fallopian tubes. It robbed her of the ability to bear children and I knew it killed her everyday. Cassia would have been an amazing mother, I knew that. Whether it was for her own child or an adopted one. She never discriminated, never.

She was in a black and pink teddy, pacing the length of my bedroom. Cassia had something on her mind, something she wasn't telling me.

I got up from my bed and walked towards her, I grabbed her waist and pulled her restless frame towards me.

"What is it, bella mia? Mi dispiace, e ho sbagliato...mi dispiace."  I whispered in her ear.

Italian was a language I spoke fluently, partially due to Cassia's Italian heritage. I loved the sexiness it gave me. I was soon snapped out of my thoughts when Cassia turned around and whispered, "I can't do this anymore."

My heart pummeled downwards, "What are you talking about?" I reached out for her, but she pulled away. She held up her hands in front of her, telling me to keep my distance. I felt my heart grow heavy with dread, "What's wrong, bambina?"

"This," she gestured to my room and the surroundings, "this is sbagliato. I don't want this anymore. I don't want you. God! I'm sick of this."

Nothing in the world could've prepared me for what her pretty little mouth had just said. I shook my head and laughed, "Stop pranking me, babe?" I feigned ignorance and tried to act as if she was kidding. But, I knew that she was being more than serious.

"Nick, I can't be with you anymore!" She said, exasperated. I ran my hands through my hair and began to walk towards her, "What have I done?"

"Nothing, you're perfect. You are, but I don't want to be with you, anymore." Cassia said, she pulled off her teddy. Her bare skin reminded me of what happened last night. She walked towards my closet and pulled out her spare tshirt and jeans. She slipped them on and grabbed her phone, "I'm leaving."

I grabbed her arm as she exited my bedroom, "Why are you doing this?"

Cassia exhaled, "I don't love you anymore, Nick. I don't want you."

My anger began to get the best of me, "What the fuck have I done to warrant this?"

Cassia squirmed away from me, "Stop it, Nick you're hurting me! Let me go!"

I pulled her close to me and kissed her, my mouth fighting for hers. Fighting to get a reaction, but her lips remained tightly shut. I pulled back slightly and whispered, "Kiss me, Cassia. Please, take me." I was begging. 

I had been with her for about four years, since I was 24. She was my world,  I never cheated on her, never lied to her, I never gave her the chance to doubt me...but right now everything was being thrown in my face.