I'm With You

Travis whispered in my ear, "Isn't that your best friend Sherry?"

I frowned at him and turned around, it was fast enough to watch the horror wash over her face and to realize that boss she had been shagging was none other than my one-night designate Kostas Ferragni-De Luca. I could feel my blood boiling, the lying, scheming bitch. 

I walked to her table and watched her gulp like Tom and Jerry when they were in that monstrous grey coloured dog's face.

"Sherry? What are you doing here?" I asked and watched her recoil. Sherry nudged Kostas and he turned to look at her, his gaze immediately coming to me when he followed her line of sight.

"Dylan," He breathed, he was wearing a plaid t-shirt stretched over him and black jeans. He pulled away from Sherry and immediately got up. In three massive strides, he came to me and wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me as if his life depended on me. Travis cleared his throat and I pulled away from Kostas. Travis wrapped his arm around my waist and Kostas looked at me with unspoken questions in his eyes.

"This is my boyfriend, Kostas. Travis, this is-"

But Travis interjected, "Ferragni-De Luca, I know. I have worked with him before. I didn't know that, when you told me about the one nighter with a girl who had a shitty self esteem, you were referring to my girlfriend." Travis seethed. Kostas backed off, "Dude, I didn't...know that she was yours."

Sherry got up and walked to us, her brown eyes looking nowhere but at the floor, "Dylan, I can explain." She fiddled with her iPhone and I wanted to take it from her and bash her head in with that.

"Oh can you?" I spat, "I knew that you were a lot of things, but a liar wasn't one of those. I thought we told each other everything. I guess not."

I began to turn away but she grabbed my arm, "Dylan, I'm sorry, I didn't tell you."

"Is that all you have to say? I have been your friend for five years, Sherry. FIVE! 

The least I could have expected, was for you to at least tell me that Kostas was your boss."

"I didn't know that the Kostas you were talking about was the same one as mine," She reached out for Kostas but he pulled away from her, "Kostas?" She whispered. Her voice was heavy and I could see the constant gulping meant that she was trying to keep her emotions at bay.

"Sherry, don't." He warned and she frowned, her eyes began to glisten. 

Something turned in me. As much as I was angry with Sherry, she was still my best friend. The best five years of my life had been spent with her. I couldn't let her sinking ship of a love life go down...I wouldn't let her raise the white flag.

I'd fight for her.

Cause that's what best friends do.

My hand sliced through the air and slapped Kostas, "How dare you!" I was fuming. I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to me, "How dare you pull away from her when she is looking to you for assurance and security!"

Kostas grabbed my arms and sharply pulled it down, "You forget who you are messing with."

"Yeah? And what is your rep, Kostas?" Travis said, he pulled me behind him and walked closer to Kostas, "Everybody in the industry hates you. You're a menace to everybody, Nick, me, Cassia, everybody."

"I run the best fucking clubs, how can you hate me?" Kostas smirked, his arrogance was getting the better of him. Travis was controlling himself, I could see his fists expanding and contracting. I ran my hands along his shoulder, gesturing for him to keep calm.