Bring Me Back To Life

I... I didn't remember what happened... 

All I remembered was opening the door, seeing Travis smile at me, and then get pulled back as someone else unloaded a gun in my chest. I barely saw that person. I didn't know him. But I remembered his eyes, the brightest greens I had ever seen. 

I could feel the blood choking me as I lost consciousness. 

"Travis," I whispered as I fell to the ground. 

*

Nick's POV 

I was healing. Not as fast as I would have liked to, but things were looking up for me. The torture I had gone through at that place... it gave me nightmares. I would wake up thrashing and had to be lightly sedated so that I wouldn't rip the stitches, or cause more bleeding. I watched the TV and nothing new was on, it was all the same... dumb politicians arguing, people fighting, etc.

It was the screams that alerted me.

The door to my room was open, and I heard loud shouting and screaming.

"Get the doctors now!"

"She's growing unstable!"

"She's losing blood! Quickly!"

I figured the damage to person was pretty horrific because the screaming was frantic and frenzied. Okay obviously something bad had happened. But I mean, the way the nurses and doctors were screaming... it was like something out of a horror flick. I was curious. I wanted to know who this person was. I carefully got off my bed, and limped towards the door. I could hear them approaching.

"We're losing her!" One of the nurses screamed. I reached the threshold of my door and at that exact moment, they passed by me.

The smell of blood overtook my nostrils, but I saw the person.

I saw her.

I could recognize her anywhere, even with blood soaked clothes and a bloody face.

"Dylan!" I shouted, I watched them wheel her into the OT.  I limped towards the OT but then heard someone call my name, "Nick?" It was a black haired girl, where had I seen her before? Her eyes were red due to the amount of crying, and her chest was heaving. Her clothes were blood stained as well.

"Sherry?" I hesitantly asked, slightly ashamed that I didn't know her name even though she was Dylan's best friend. She nodded, she was crying heavily. "What happened to her?"

"Someone came to our apartment and shot her. She had just opened the door to Travis, and the next thing I heard were gunshots."

Travis, that sick motherfucking bastard. 

"Who shot her? Travis?" I asked angrily.

She shook her head, "No. Travis took a bullet to the head. He's dead. The bullet killed him."

Hey guys I'm super sorry, I have been working my ass off the last two months trying to save some money for fitness training. I know this chapter is super short. But I'm still recovering from writer's block as well... and it'll take me just a wee bit of time to be able to write long ass chapters the way I used to.

xx

Aurora