*20*

*unedited*
I fidgeted nervously in the black car, my mother in the seat next to me and Pin and his dad seated across from us.
I felt a strong, unwavering gaze on the side of my face as I fiddled with my hands in my lap.
Pin offered me a comforting smile as my eyes met his and I felt my heartbeat quicken at the glint in his eye.
As we stepped out onto the gravel path, Gaby was already waiting for us.
"Nice to see you using the front door."
My mom shot me a disapproving look and I gulped, following Pin and his Dad into the impressive hallway.
"This way." Gaby called as we were all momentarily distracted by the impressive scale of the place.

*.          *.          *.  

"As you know there was a serious incident the other day wherein these two," Gaby pointed at me and Pin, "were found stealing the Cup that so rightfully belonged to Holloway."
I bowed my head embarrassedly as my mom looked at me shamefully.
"I'm sure they didn't mean any harm, to press criminal charges would - "
"Oh goodness, no." Gaby stopped her. "We wanted to offer the two of you places at our academy. The way you both ride is amazing. We could use talent like you."
"But I'm on Bright Fields team for the upcoming - "
"I'm sure they can find someone else." Gaby cut me off. My mind immediately flashed to Jade who would fill my place seeing as I filled Marcus'. Or at least I was supposed to.
"That would be brilliant." My jaw almost dropped to my feet as Pin's soothing voice sounded in the small room, loud and clear.
"We would of course be willing to not press charges if you were to join us. However, if not the evidence is rather incriminating."
I glanced up at the brunette wit narrowed eyes before turning to my mom.
"It is Holloway." She shrugged. "And if this got out..." she shrugged suggesting her opinion, but ultimately she was leaving the decision up to me.
I heaved a huge sigh.
"Fine. I'll join Holloway."

*.          *.           *.  

I chuckled at the sleek silver phone in my hand as the message from Zoe popped up.
My mom had smothered me with presents since her return, the new phone being only one of the extravagant presents.
Zoe had asked how Pin and I were after our 'encounter' with Holloway multiple times but both Pin and I replied with a simple 'fine.'
However, she had texted me to tell her about Marcus waking her up at five am by throwing stones through her open window to apologise for being weird that day.
"What are you doing?" I looked up guiltily as Gaby walked into the room that I was sitting in.
Both my mom and Pin's dad had left Holloway as they had wanted us to start training right away for the team. Even I could tell that they were just using us to take a dig at Bright Fields.
Pin was practically throwing himself into training, already prepping his horse and saddle.
"Nothing." I smiled, shoving my phone into my pocket. Gaby hummed quietly.
"I'll just remind you of the rule that we don't want you talking to any of your friends from Bright Fields. That stable is old news now." I began to protest.
"Unless of course you'd like to be know across the island as a thief. Both you and your pretty little boyfriend."
I gulped as she mentioned Pin. Sure enough, I didn't care too much about myself, I would be alright but to threaten me with hurting Pin and his reputation.
"Of course. I'm sorry."
She nodded approvingly before motioning for me to follow her towards the stalls.
"We want the two of you to practice hurdles."
I stood from my seat, straightening out the smart black uniform that belonged to Holloway.
At least they'd still allowed me to ride Joey, I stroked his mane for some familiar feeling of comfort and meekly followed one of the Holloway buys, Alex out to one of the fields towards the front of the grounds. Set up around the space were many hurdles of different sizes.
I watched nervously as Callum demonstrated, followed by Alex and then Pin.
I admired him as he rode around, the black uniform fitting snugly to his form. His posture was near perfect and his handling of the horse was incredible. I would have been awed if I had not ridden with him so many times, countless days and evenings cantering and galloping through fields flickered through my mind.
"Ahem." Someone cleared their throat behind me. I looked back to see Alex motioning for me to go forwards and follow Pin around the small track. Him and Callum had already finished.
I clambered onto Joey and petted him reassuringly before we headed towards the hurdles. I felt a small sense of pride as I wore the Holloway badge until a sight up on the hill before the manor caught my eye. Zoe along with four others who I could just about identify as Mia, Suzy, Marcus and Jade. The small smile that was growing on my face disappeared immediately and an overwhelming feeling of guilt rushed through me as Pin stopped beside me, also looking over his shoulder at our ex riding mates.

*.          *.           *. 

"You guys were awesome out there." Callum complimented as he, Pin, Alex and I walked into the building m.
"That's Callum's way of saying you're better than him. Even when you broke your leg, I understand?" Alex questioned me and I nodded before thanking him and Callum.
"I haven't ridden like that in... forever." Pin exhaled with a grin. I couldn't help but feel that although I was perhaps not fully willingly here, Pin deserved this. And I was not going to ruin it for him.
"You'll get plenty more chances around here." Callum assured him.
We had walked into the waiting room by this point, just about to head up the stairs when I noticed a lone figure seated on the posh couch under the stairs.
"I'll catch you up." Pin said to the boys and him and I stared at Zoe. I was sure that I resembled a frightened rabbit.
"What's going on? Why are you riding for Holloway?" Zoe asked with a slight look of disgust.
"They saw us riding after we took the cup. Offered us a place on their team." Pin shrugged.
"And if you don't take it they're going to get you arrested. That's blackmail."
"I get to ride. It's not a bad deal." Pin shrugged.  Zoe turned to me next,
"You're supposed to ride for us Phoebe. You're my best friend, you can't seriously say you want this."
I gulped nervously under Zoe's scrutinising gaze.
"I have to go." I whispered, excusing myself.
Zoe reached out an arm to stop me but I pushed past.
"Please, Pin. For me."
I paused just after I passed the door, hidden from view.
"Don't." Pin replied.
"What do you mean?"
"I... I can't say no to you Zoe. And I thinks that this might be good. It's best that I stay away." I heard his slow footsteps coming towards me and with a gasp I raced down the corridor and around the corner, slowing my breathing and pace as he came up behind me.
He slipped his hand into mine and I smiled up at him for only a few seconds before ducking my head down to look at the floor again, hiding my watery eyes.