*16*

*unedited*

I skipped past the sign to Bright Field Stable, now with large red lettering underneath announcing "Under new management". More like hobbled. My leg had finally been freed from the confines of the cast and I rid myself of the horrible crutches that I'd been cursed with for so long. I strode through the yard, passing the horses in their stalls. I noted that Raven's was empty. So was the stall belonging to Marcus' horse. A small smile crept onto my face before my head whipped round. A soft neigh had alerted me to the chestnut horse in the stall next to Raven's empty one.
"Joey!" I rushed over to him and threw my arms around his muscular neck.
"I missed you, boy." I whispered, stroking his mane gently. He nicked softly in response.
"I'll be back." I promised, stepping back and heading across the cobblestones to the muddy pen.
"There they are, the yard's hottest couple." I giggled lightly as I saw Becky talking, camera aimed at Zoe and Marcus as they entered the Stables on their horses.
"What about me and Pin?" I questioned, waiting until I was stood behind her so that she shrieked slightly. Moments later the blonde engulfed me in a hug.
"Phoebe?!"
"When did you get your cast off?" Jade asked as Becky released me from the hug.
"Yesterday." I shrugged.
"Should you be walking then?" Zoe asked with concern as she hopped off Raven.
"I'll be fine, Zo." I smiled, wrapping her in a tight hug.
After the introductions and hugs Becky continued her filming.
"The happy couple. But for how long? Marcus is leaving to go to the academy in two days, three hours and three hundred and fifty four - "
"Can you stop filming them?" Jade asked, "it's seriously creepy."
Becky paused for a moment, the camera drooping slightly.
"Yeah you're right." She agreed. "I'll focus on Zoe."
I laughed, sitting on the fence beside the two girls as Zoe and Marcus walked back towards us.
"Here's the yard's hottest rider. In front of the yard's former star rider, hindered by a life threatening injury." Becky swivelled her phone to focus on me.
"It's wasn't exactly life thre - "
But she had already moved back to Zoe.
"Confident but for how long? Junior nationals are just in fifty eight days, three hours - "
"Thank you! Zoe's already under enough pressure." Jade interrupted her friend as I chuckled beside them.
"It's fine." Zoe remarked calmly as she walked over with Raven. I hopped off the fence and walked round to pet the powerful creature.
"I haven't really - "
"Thought about it." Becky quipped quickly. "Bob's thought about it. He told me he had a dream that you won. He spoke in the voice of prince Charles."
Zoe turned to her handsome boyfriend as he chuckled before leading his horse to the stalls.
"Thanks But I don't know if - "
"How much it takes to stay calm in front of hundreds of people with your entire future at stake."
"Ok I feel like that might not be helping." I said, placing an arm on the sleeve of Becky's blue jumper.
She continued,
"My advice for crushing anxiety is deep breaths... but not too deep, you might pass out." She smiled helpfully.
The serene atmosphere of the yard was broken by an almost animalistic shriek, resembling that of a pterodactyl.
"BECKY! Get your horse out of Firefly's stable, NOW!"
"Not again." Jade groaned as her and Becky headed towards the fuming Mia.
"That's one thing I haven't missed." I chuckled, stepping closer to Zoe as I watched Mia over my shoulder, marching back into the Stables angrily. I turned back to Zoe and felt at home again as her grin matched mine.

*.         *.          *.       

"Listen up people, it's time for things to change around here." The distinct authoritative voice of Mia carried across the yard as I followed Zoe and Raven to the stalls.
"Our little stable rose from the ashes and beat Holloway at the County Cup. And now we've got our sights set on the junior Nationals. Which is why I've set up an exclusive with the paper. I want this yard spotless for the interview. It's a new dawn for Bright Fields. Get on it!" Mia ordered and Becky and Jade who were stood closest to her scurried away.
"Susie that means you too." Mia reminded the girl who was busy tapping away on her phone. Mia sighed.
"When you've done messaging your boyfriend will you help?" She asked. Susie smiled at her friend who had undergone quite a drastic change from the snarky, rude, rich girl she once was.
"Of course." She smiled, pitting her phone into her pocket.
I heard a clatter of wheels on cobblestone behind me and Mia addressed the person making the noise.
"Pin, stop what you're doing and regroom Firefly."
"Uh, rude much, Mia."
"It's okay, Zoe." He said quietly, still not looking up to see me.
"Uh, no if Mia wants you to do anything - "
"I said it's fine." Pin said as he pushed the wheelbarrow past Zoe and I. He didn't even notice me. I stepped forward alto go after him but stopped at Mia's remark.
"Pin knows who's boss around here."
"Oh yeah. You're dad's the boss. You're just bossy." I quipped.
Then I raced across the yard after my boyfriend.

A/N
Short update but here you are, the beginning of season 2. I kid you not, I watched the whole season on the day it was released :)
Lucy xx