*24*

*unedited*
I was watching Pin do laps around the field with his horse, occasionally doing jumps when Calum came up behind me.
"This is Jet." He said, getting Pin's attention with the handsome horse. "If you like him you can ride him at Nationals." The offer was directed towards Pin who had trotted over.
"You want me to ride a different horse?" Pin asked incredulously.
"Jet's an Irish sport horse." Alex explained, turning up on my other side and shooting me a beaming smile.
"Which makes him a great match for your skill set." Callum added.
"He's a horse you can win on. Pure strength and muscle." Alex encouraged.
"Thanks, but I've got Elvis." Pin smiles before trotting away.
Callum turned to me and I scoffed.
"I'm not replacing Joey. Sorry Callum."
"Does either of you have any idea how much this horse is worth?" Callum scoffed.
"Money doesn't matter to people like us." Gaby spike from her own horse. I jumped slightly as I hadn't heard her approach. "I'll talk to him." She decoded and I sighed as she followed after him.
"She's fighting a losing battle there." I explained as Alex accompanied me back to the stables.
"But she's incredibly stubborn so she'll fight it as long as she has to."
I nodded in agreement and we both chuckled.

*.          *.            *. 

I had changed out of my riding gear and was lounging in my room when my phone beeped. I picked it up and saw a message from Pin asking if I wanted to have lunch at his. Gaby was still trying to persuade him to use the horse and he was pleading for me to save him. I sent back a response saying I'd be five minutes and rushed downstairs to get Joey ready.
I hopped off the horse and skipped into Pin's house. The kitchen was quiet.
"Hello?" I chirped. There was no response but I heard murmuring upstairs. I assumed that they were in Pin's room in the attic and began heading up the small stair case.
"Someone got into the academy then."
I frowned as I reached the top of the stairs and saw Gaby holding an acceptance letter from the Academy on the main land.
"Well I'm not going so what does it matter."
"You got accepted into the academy?" I finally spoke, my jaw almost touching the floor.
"Phoebe!" Pin looked up guiltily, dropping the things he was holding onto his bed, luckily nothing broke.
I stepped closer towards him and he groaned,
"Please can we not talk about this now."
I studied his face and sighed,
"Fine. But I won't forget Pin. I mean it."
I rushed forward and embraced Gaby in a hug. She laughed slightly and hugged me back.
"Long time no see." She joked. The returning her attention back to Pin's room she said,
"Wow, your mum's been around the world and back again."
I bit my lip nervously, turning to Pin.
"Around the world, yes. Back again, not so much."
"She left you?"
"But you know, at least I get post cards." He was moving things with a bit more force now and I rested a hand on his bicep. Pin looked up at me, his nostrils flared slightly as his breathing got deeper.
"My dad left me too." Gaby announced and we both looked at her in shock.
"When he died. In an accident. I don't remember much. But the thunderstorms. They were the best. My dad would wrap me up in a blanket, sit me on his lap and sing to me. Until they were over."
I smiled sadly at her, feeling a deep sympathy for the girl in front of me.
Gaby cleared her throat.
"Well look at me... emoting. What I'm says is the past sucks, for people like us." Gaby nodded to me and Pin and I looked down at the floor, a lump forming in my throat as memories resurfaced.
"We stick together and so you keep moving forward and don't get too attached."
"Ride whatever horse is in front of you?"
"I know Elvis is important to you." Gaby continued, "But winning is important to us so please say you'll think about doing things our way?"
Pin looked down at the floor and everything was silent.
"Fine."
"Great. Want me to take this stuff back to Bright Fields for you?" Gaby asked.
"Thanks. I'll just get the rest. Phoebs, give me a hand?"
I nodded, following him to the other room and grabbing a couple of stable things.
What we didn't see was Gaby putting Zoe's radio in the box too.

*.           *.           *.   

I was sat down at the table across from Pin, twirling spaghetti into my fork.
"Admit it Pin, I make the best spaghetti."
He looked at me with narrowed eyes, slowly taking another bite of food.
"Okay it's amazing." He caves with a bright grin and I cheered.
"Oh!" I cried, retrieving my phone from my pocket. I hastily typed a text into my phone.
"What's that?" Pin asked.
"Thanks to you, I owe Alex ten pounds. We bet wether or not Gaby would convince you to ride the Irish Sport Horse. Thanks Pin." I chuckled. I expected him to laugh with me but instead his eyes narrowed.
"You spend a lot of time with Alex."
"Yeah he's awesome. Why have you got a problem?" I raised an eyebrow challengingly.
"No, of course not. I think it's great that you have such good friends at Holloway."
"I'd still be at Bright Fields if I had the chance."
"I wouldn't." Pin disagreed. I looked won sadly at my pasta.
"I'm not hungry. Let's watch a movie?" Pin suggested, grabbing me up from the seat and lifting me over his shoulder. I shrieked, genuinely concerned for my life before he placed me gently on the sofa.
He placed a disk in the CD player. I beckoned him to come snuggle under the blanket and he wrapped his arms securely around my waist. I spent the rest of the movie snuggled into his chest.
"Kiss?" He asked and I turned round to peck his lips. He whined in response and I turned around to straddle his lap, pressing a longer kiss to his lips.
My phone buzzed on the table but before I could check what was supposedly a message from Alex, Pin grabbed one side of my face, cradling it gently. The. He leant forwards. My eyes fluttered close as he kissed me, lips moving passionately against mine until I broke away, gasping for air.
"I love you." He whispered, leaning his forehead against mine.
"Me too."