* 1 *

I pulled my coat sleeves over my hands as I trudged through fields in the rain, the wet grass tickling my ankles as I was only wearing white converses.
I sighed, looking down at my shoes and knowing that they were ruined.
"Just great." I sighed at the typical British weather. My mood lightened as I climved the fence into Zoe's grandfather's house.
I rushed up to the door and knocked, being incredibly thankful when it opened.
"Phoebe!"
I beamed brightly when my best friend Zoe pulled me into the warmth of the house.
"Zoe? Who is it in this weather?" I sniked as Zoe's mom, Maggie, cane round the corner.
"Phoebe! Of course, I heard you'd moved here. Is it permanent?"
"Yeah, Dad's work. He's really busy so I thought I'd come and say hello."
"Here, take off your coat. We have so much to talk about!" Zoe declared, tugging off my coat and pulling me up the stairs.
"Hi Rosie!" I said as we encountered the young glitterball on the stairs.
"Oh Hallelujah! Someone with fashion sense." Rosie said, looking at my outfit of Black Skinny jeans and white off the shoulder top.
"Yeah. It's nore rainy than I was expecting." I admitted.
"No kidding." Zoe replied as she pulled me into her room, tugging me behind her.
"So, what have you been up to?" I asked as I looked around the small room. It was cute.
"Not much. Rosie went missing on the first day. We found her in the stables."
"Stables?" I asked with a grin. Zoe gasped and nodded excitedly, pulling me onto the bed. I took off my shoes before crossing my legs.
"It's so amazing. There's this one horse, Raven. He's gorgeous but he never listens to anyone. He likes to be free. He listens to me though, I have, like, a calming presence." She nodded sincerely at the end and I burst out laughing.
"You sound like susan from back home."
"I don't, do I?"
"Mhm. Just a smudge." I made a gesture with my thumb and forefinger, showing how much.
"She's started yoga now..."
"How is it back home?" She asked.
I shrugged.
"Let's just say I'm glad I'm not going back... Anyways, about these stables..."
* * *
Our conversation went on long enough for the rain to stop. I looked back at the clock and junped as I read the time.
"It's five o clock, I should get back. I need to make dinner as Dad's busy working.
"Oh, right. Bye." Zoe said sadly.
As I walked out of her room, I turned to her.
"Maybe tomorrow we can go to the st- " I was cut off as Zoe covered my mouth hastily with her hand and pulled me back into her bedroom.
"My Mom can't know about the stables. She doesn't want me to ride."
"Oh. Right, sorry."
" No it's fine." She smiled nischeviously, "I'll meet you outside the stables tomorrow."