*37*

// unedited //
Sorry for the wait guys but here's a nice long chapter for y'all
Lucy xx

We looked an odd bundle as Gaby, Pin and I rode ahead while the riders from Bright Fields led the various horses across the fields towards Holloway.
I stopped and dismounted from my horse when I realised the Bright Fields lot had stopped. They looked slightly shell-shocked.
"I can't believe we're doing this." Mia muttered.
"Greater good remember." Marcus called.
"Oh come on!" I chuckled. "Not all of us are that bad."
With that I led them into the cobblestone stableyard.

*. *. *.

Gaby had taken the liberty of giving a tour of the place. Her voice carried well across the yard and I watched with amusement as the Bright Fields lot stared, awestruck at their surroundings.
"To your right is the sand school and cafe. Round there is the horse walker and equine pool."
"We're not in Bright Fields anymore." Zoe admitted.
"It's hard not to be dazzled isn't it."Susie agreed.
"It's over the top." Mia sneered as she approached us.
"Hey this is just until we sort ourselves out." Marcus reminded them.
"It feels wrong. All of them were at Bright Fields yesterday. Anyone could have started that fire." Mia whispered in hushed tones.
I rolled my eyes.
"Really Mia, we wouldn't go to those lengths just to eliminate competition. We wouldn't stoop that low." I fixed her with a deathly glare. She was about to return a comment but Callum's voice called out from behind me.
"What's going on?"
He looked indignant at having the Bright Fields lot in our stableyard.
"Gaby told you, there was a fire at Bright Fields."
"And she said you were going to help them not bring the whole lot back here. We don't have the space."
"We'll find space." Pin assured as he began to stride past him.
"You really think we want to be here? Let's get this straight." Mia argued and I couldn't help but sigh.
"This is temporary until my father rebuilds Bright Fields."
"Alright then. But like you say this is temporary." I rolled my eyes at his huffy mood as Callum stormed off.
"There's a feed timetable in the tack room." I looked over at Alex who seemed apologetic with his hands in his pockets.
"Just mark your horses and let our grooms know if you need us to order anything in." He explained. I walked over to him appreciatively.
"Thank you for being the one mature person here." I sighed.
He gave me a beaming smile in response.
"Shall we head in?" He motioned to the hall. I nodded and skipped alongside him, happy that my friends were here despite their obvious disgruntled attitudes. My smile dropped and I stuttered to a walk as I remembered my friend that was missing. Becky had refused to leave Bob's side.
Just as we were entering the hall I looked to Zoe, seeing her stand defensively in front of Raven. Gabby was striding her way towards us. My eyes widened. As much as Gabby was a good friend to me, her tempers were frightful and I grabbed Alex's arm. He seemed to read my mind and we burst out laughing as we raced into the common room.
I stopped giggling abruptly as I noticed the guy sitting in the armchair opposite us.
Pin glared at the two of us and I could practically feel the hatred rolling off him in waves. He stood up and both Alex and I stepped off to either side of the door, letting him pass. When he reached the door he paused and turned to his left, looking down at me.
"No, no. Don't let me interrupt." His stare was heated and I suddenly become aware of just how close he was standing to me.
I looked off to the side as he continued to stare, feeling a heat rise to my cheeks. He opened the door and walked out, turning right at the end of the hallway - not before turning back to look at me with the slightest hint of a smirk on his lips.

*.          *.          *.

"Hey there buddy." I smiled as I petted Joey's neck. Looking out from his pen I looked up to see the sky was a pale grey, the lack of blue sky making the green of the trees and the grass stand out much more. The air was crisp and I breathed in happily. Beside me Joey pawed at the ground eagerly.
"It's ok." I laughed, "We can go for a nice long ride and then maybe check on Becky, see how Bob's doing?"
He snorted appreciatively so I got him ready and started to walk him out of the grounds.
"You going for a ride?"
I restrained myself from rolling my eyes at the voice from behind me.
"Joey and I are going for a ride alone yes." I responded coolly.
"I'll join you."
"What part of alone don't you understand?" I snapped, spinning on my heel to face him.
Pin looked rather abashed and stared at me as though I'd grown two heads. I sighed. I had a lot to say to him and we both had a lot to discuss but right now at this moment was not the best time.
"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about Becky, and Bob and it's stressful having all these extra people here. I just need to clear my head."
"I understand. I won't talk unless you want to."
"Okay."