* 4 *

I guided Joey out of his stall. He was all tacked up and I had just clipped on my riding hat when Pin called out,
"Everyone ready?" He was already on his horse. "We're waiting for you."
"Where's Marcus?" Mia demanded.
"He's with the little kids. Sam's asked me to take the hack. Come on."
"And here I was thinking that stealing and getting arrested were his only talents." Mia turned to her friend.
"And here I was thinking that your only talent was being a witch. Oh wait..." I smiled sarcastically at her before mounting Joey and trotting away.
* * *
I rode alongside Zoe, in front of Becky and Jade and behind Pin.
"That was awesome what you did back there." Zoe leaned over. I thanked her with a laugh. I noticed her looking at Pin nervously so I made Joey trot so that we were level with Pin, I motioned for Zoe to follow me. She came up on Pin's other side. Pin looked at us both before sighing quietly.
"I just wanted to say I'm sorry about the whole, you know, getting you arrested thing. Look, I really am sorry. It was an idiot move. I- I should have known better. And also I guess I just think... I saw you take something from that cabinet and... Is everything okay?" She asked. Pin stayed silent the whole time and I looked at him worriedly.
"Are you in trouble?" Zoe asked. "Pin, whatever it is, let me help you. What am I supposed to think if you don't talk to me?"
Pin stopped and Zoe and I did the same. He finally looked up at Zoe but he then called behind him.
"Becky! You're in charge."
There was a chorus of confused, 'What?'s and Becky cheered before asking Jade what was happening.
"As Zoe looked behind her at what was happening Pin turned to me.
"Follow me. I'm going to show you now rather than later." I frowned and opened my mouth to question him but he was already passing me. I sighed and cantered just behind him.
"Pin, Get back here!" I heard Zoe calling from behind us.
"You know she's not going to stop following us." I said matter of factly.
Pin sighed annoyedly as he looked back over his shoulder and sped up slightly.
I followed him through woods and across sand, soaking in the feeling of utter bliss that I hadn't felt in so long. I let out a joy ful laugh and closed my eyes, feeling the wind brushing my face, whipping my hair behind me.
"This is amazing." I breathed. Opening my eyes I saw Pin looking at me with a raised eyebrow.
"I haven't riden in so long." I explained. "I've almost forgotten what it feels like."
* * *
We arrived at a house on top of a hill. I dismounted and left Joey next to Pin's horse. I patted his neck and thanked him before following Pin towards a makeshift barn.
"So what was it you needed me for?" I asked. He pointed inside and I gasped as I took in the young horse, lying forlornly in the hay.
"He's a moor pony. He's lame."
"And you want the sedatives to help him." I sighed. "Pin." I looked up at him, seeing him stare down at the pony with so much care.
"I'll see if there's anything I can do. I mean, I don't... I'll try." I promised.
"Hey there little guy." I cooed, walking towards him. I looked at the many sedatives that Pin had, seeing if any of them would be of use.
Suddenly Pin walked outside and I heard him conversing with someone, most likely Zoe.
"Can't take a hint, can you?" Pin called.
"What's in there?" Zoe asked.
"Take a look."
"Look I'm not going to play this game with you again... Where's Phoebe?" Zoe asked.
"What, you think I kidnapped her as well as Firefly?"
Zoe scoffed.
"What were the sedatives for?"
"To keep Firefly quiet so I could steal him. That's what you think, isn't it."
The horse whinnied as I moved too quickly, startling him.
"Firefly?" Zoe asked as she walked into the 'stable'.
"Zoe, it's fine. He's a moor pony." I explained.
"He's lame." Pin said, standing next to Zoe. I picked up some of the hay, giving it to the horse to chew as I sat cross-legged next to him.
"Why don't you take him to the vet?" Zoe asked.
"He's the council's responsibility. But they've no money to treat the wild horses so... They'd put him down."
"You were taking the medicine for him. Pin, I am so sorry - "
"Do you know what thieves do to horses?" Pin asked. "They drug them, cart them around the country in the back of vans. Sell them on to people that don't even like horses, just want to own something shiny and expensive and wild. You thought I could be a part of something like that?
He looked down at the horse beside me with such love and care and I sighed, feeling bad for both Zoe as she apologised over and over and Pin who'd been wrongly accused.
"You should go now." Pin said. "Dad doesn't want me talking to you. And now I know why. Just go!"
"Pin, wait. No, Zoe!"I called, clambering towards her.
"No. It's okay. You stay here. Help the Pony. I owe Pin enough not to steal away his chance of helping that poor horse."
I sighed as I watched my best friend walk away sadly.
"People make mistakes, you know. Please, just, don't be too hard on her Pin. She meant well." I smiled, walking back inside to examine the pony once more.