* 5 *

After I had checked over the Pony and given him a sedative to calm him as he had just started getting restless. I stood up and brushed the hay off my legs.
"I should get back. Are you coming to the barbecue?" I asked Pin. He thought for a moment and I clasped my hands together and knelt to the floor.
"Please." I begged with a grin, looking up at him. Pin shook his head at my actions.
"I'll meet you there." I grinned happily at him and jumped up, walking over to Joey but just before I mounted him I turned back to Pin.
"I should probably give you my number."
He looked at me confusedly.
"So that you can contact me if you need help."
"Oh, right." He reached into his pocket and withdrew the sleek black phone. I entered my number into his contacts, handed Pin back his phone and mounted Joey, riding back to the Stables for the barbecue.
* * *
Just as I was nearing the Stables I saw three horses in front of me.
"Zoe!" I called, speeding up slightly. She turned around and I sighed in relief.
"Are you alright?" I asked.
"Yeah. I just feel stupid."
"Don't worry, Zo. None of us could have known."
I reassured, giving her a gentle smile. I then said 'Hi' to Becky and Jade on her other side. We had just arrived in the stables but before we could even dismount someone was yelling at us.
"Zoe!"
"Phoebe!" My eyes widened and I felt the air escape my lungs as I turned to see Zoe's Mom and my Dad marching towards us.
"Get off that horse right now!" Zoe's mom yelled. My dad was right behind her. Unfortunately, Zoe's mom stopped a little way away from us but my Dad stormed right up to me. Joey whinied worriedly and I grabbed his reins and tried to calm him.
"Dad, wait."
"Get off. Now!" He wasn't shouting but his voice was dangerously low.
"Mrs Phillips, Mr Wright, is there a problem?" Sam asked, stepping forward and shielding her eyes from the glow of the setting sun.
"Yes, there is a problem and Zoe.knows exactly what it is."
I clambered off my horse and Zoe and I stood next to each other guiltily. Zoe pleaded to her mom while I explained to my Dad.
"Please, Dad. I'm not a kid anymore. I - "
"You know why I don't want you riding. How many times do I have to tell you."
"Why are you here?" I asked.
"I was catching up with Maggie when she got the call. I called you but you didn't pick up so I assumed you'd be with Zoe causing trouble, as always."
I lowered my head and looked at the floor. I saw his fists clenching angrily and my face paled.
"Rosie's clearly been so frightened - " Zoe's Mom continued.
"Rosie's been doing really well." Sam interjected.
"Then why did she have someone call me to come and get her?" She asked.
"What?" Rosie asked, shaking her head. Her smile dropped as she looked over my Dad's shoulder. Mia.
"I rang her before you told me. I swear. I would never drop Zoe in it. It's just... Well you looked so upset."
"It's okay. You didn't know." Rosie said forgivingly. However, I was glaring at Mia as if looks could kill. She didn't know what she'd done.
"You're never coming back here." Maggie scolded, shaking her head.
"No, Mom." Zoe protested.
"The same applies to you." My Dad said angrily. "We're leaving." He gripped my forearm and pulled me forwards. I twisted round and looked at Zoe deperately but she was still pleading with her Mom.
As we turned the corner my Dad's grip tightened uncomfortably and I twisted my arm to try and get loose.
"Dad, please."
"Get in the car." He hissed. I paled even further as I looked at his angry expression.
"Phoebe?" I looked up surprisedly and saw Pin looking at me curiously. He looked down at my Dad's grip on my forearm. I smiled weakly at him and raised my other hand in a farewell as I stepped into the car.
* * *
The car journey was silent and I stared intently out the window at the bushes as we sped past them. We finally slowed as we pulled into the driveway and I opened the door, following my Dad into the house quietly, feeling like a small animal walking straight into a dangerous trap.