*30*

Short chapter sorry, but good news! I found my prom dress!!! ☺️

I sprinted after Marcus as fast as I could in my heels. Zoe behind me was struggling too, especially as we emerged onto the beach where Pin was pacing in front of the waves.
Marcus raced towards him and just as Pin turned to face him he was shoved backwards. My stomach lurched as Marcus began to reach for Pin again. I dived in front of Pin, placing a hand on his chest as my back faced him while Zoe had her back to me as she pushed Marcus back.
"You kissed my girlfriend! Why are you protecting him?" Marcus yelled. He looked down at me and grabbed my wrist, trying to pull me behind him. Pin almost growled behind me and gripped my other wrist, pulling me back towards him,
"Well you betrayed us to Holloway."
Zoe's eyes darted beteeen the two of us.
"What are you talking about?"
It was at this point that I realised Pin was still holding my wrist and I pulled away roughly. He looked down for a moment, surprised at the loss of contact.
"That day we took the cup, Marcus tipped us off to Callum. That's how they knew." Marcus narrowed his eyes and shook his head.
"Marcus. Is that true?" Zoe asked incredulously.
"I came confront him but didn't want to ruin your party."
"Pin, stop." I said lowly.
"At least one of us was thinking about you Zoe."
With that, Marcus turned and charged at Pin, knocking him to the floor.
I rolled my eyes at their behaviour as Zoe shoved Marcus off Pin.
"Stop being ridiculous!" I cried.
"Why don't you have a race to see who's manliest?" Zoe scoffed.
"Fine." Pin said as he scrambled to his feet. My jaw dropped in disbelief as I watched the two boys race down the beach.
"You have got to be kidding me."
"Fine! Have fun!" Zoe yelled, throwing up her arms as she turned and stormed back to where I stood, arms crossed and an unimpressed expression drawn across my features.
"Come on, why don't we go back. We've got a party to enjoy." I smiled, linking Zoe's arm with mine as we strolled back down the beach, away from the two boys splashing in the sea.

*.         *.          *. 

As we returned to the tent, Zoe rushed straight over to the bar,
"All your fruit juices, one glass."
"Woah, steady on." I joked.
At that moment, Maggie walked over.
"You're back, where Marcus?"
"At the beach. With Pin." She said, perhaps a tad aggressively.
"Right. Well. How would you feel about a mother daughter dance?"
"Alright yeah, since you know I live dancing." The sarcasm rolled off Zoe but her mom still grabbed her arm dragging her into the dance floor. I just chuckled as she cast me a helpless n!" I mouthed with a grin. However it soon turned into a grimace as Zoe started 'raising the roof' and doing 'snake hips'.
I strolled over to Becky and Rosie who both had dubious expressions too.
Suddenly I everything happened at once.
"Are you okay?" Maggie had asked Zoe, resulting in her daughter stopping dancing and replying no with folded arms. Ben waltzed over to Becky and Jade announcing, "I couldn't find the emerald necklace but i found this. It's a smuggler's compass."
"I'm sorry. You lost my necklace?" Maggie exclaimed turning back to Zoe. "Do you have any idea how special it was?"
At the same time Jade and Mia confronted Suzy and her boyfriend, brandishing a recording device with an incriminating voice memo.
In a flurry, Suzy ran out of the tent, colliding with Jade who had just announced the cake, causing it to crash to the floor.
Everyone spun round with a gasp and as Zoe did so she saw Pin and Marcus standing behind her.
" Zoe we cant keep going on like this. You need to decide." Marcus announced.
"Between you two?"
"Once and for all." Pin confirmed.
"I don't know what that was but it has nothing to do with me." She retorted. "This whole party has nothing to do with me!"