Chapter Twenty nine

Tumikhim siya.

"What is it again that you want to talk about?" Ang diretsong tanong niya dito.

"Hindi pa ba sinasabi ni Chase sa iyo?"

"Would I still ask if I had any idea?"

He smirked. "Sarcasm doesn't suit you, sweet cheeks."

Tinitigan niya ito ng masama. "First of, stop calling me 'that.' Second, kung alam ko eh di sana hindi na lang kita pinapasok dito."

His smile widened. "You're more beautiful when you're angry, don't you know that?"

Mariin siyang napapikit saka muling nagmulat. "Kung wala kang sasabihing matino, umalis ka na lang pwede?"

"Relax.. chill, alright? Actually, this is about the incident that happen to you at the hospital yesterday."

Natigilan siya. "What about it?"

"I believe Chase mentioned to you about hiring a bodyguard?"

Wala pa man pero parang alam na niya kung ano ang sasabihin nito. But still, she hoped she was completely wrong.

"Yeah... so?"

Inilahad nito ang sarili. "Well that's why I'm here, sweet cheeks."

Oh god.. please tell me this is not what I think it is..

"I will be your new bodyguard."

And just like that, the bomb exploded. Awang ang bibig na nakatingin siya dito. Her mouth opened only to close again. She just couldn't believe it!

"What... how.. you.."

He grinned. "What can I say, I'm perfect for the job."

"But I didn't hire you!"

"Well Chase—"

"Chase isn't the one who's getting a bodyguard, I am! So I should be the one to have a last say in this!"

He remained silent. He just looked at her. Regarding her for a moment. Mayamaya ay tumuwid ito ng upo.

"And who will you hire, pray tell?"

Tumaas ang kilay niya. The bastard is obviously challenging her. "I'm sure I can get one from a Security Agency." She answered in a 'duh' tone.

"Psh. You'll hire an amateur for the job?" He asked, looking skeptical that she pursed her lips in irritation.

"I'm sure they'll do a great job." Giit niya.

Umiling iling ito. "I doubt it." Puno ng kumpiyansang turan nito na talaga namang ikinaputol ng pisi niya.

"At tingin mo kaya mo?" Balik tanong niya. "For all I know, ikaw lang iyong tipo ng lalaking tatakbo kapag nandiyan na ang problema." Tuya niya.

He stilled. The smirk he was wearing immediately vanished from his face. Hindi ito nakapagsalita. And she was expecting him to retaliate. Ang itanggi ang mga sinabi niya at magmayabang na hindi ito ganoong klaseng lalaki but no. Instead, he looked so... guilty. But from what?