Another Night, Another Standing Ovation

//Miles//

Our friends are all on us as soon as we exit the dressing room. Beckett is whisked away by his mother, and a scary, professional lady leads V away.
"Dude that was so sick!" Jax tells me.
"Excuse me," a tall women says as she approaches us.
"You're Miles Lennox?" She asks. I nod in response.
"My name is Miranda Woods and I'm here scouting for Berklee, have you heard of us?" She asks me. Jax's mouth drops.
"Berklee is one of the most prestigious music schools in the US, I've heard of it," I reply.
"Wonderful, are you available to talk for a bit?" I look at Jax.
"Of coarse," I tell her, following her to a more secluded hallway.
"You had a very nice performance today Mr. Lennox, now I'm not sure if you remember, but I was here last year as well during the CAMDAS. We recruited Francis, you were one of her mentees, correct? She spoke very highly of you."
"Thank you, Ms. Woods."
"Well, we don't normally recruit juniors, but we've decided to make an exception, if you're interested, we would like to invite you to attend Berklee on a full-ride scholarship." My eyes widen in shock.
"Wow. That- that would be amazing. Wow. I would be honored Ms. Woods." The women smiles at me.
"Good, this is my card, and I've prepared a folder for you with all the information you'll need. Now there is a meeting you will have to attend with a legal guardian, you can schedule that meeting whenever you like, just call this number. If you happen to change your mind, call anyway and just let us know." Ms. Woods proceeds to pull out a folder from her briefcase and gives me her business card.
"Thank you so much," I say again.
"Any time, we're very excited to see you at Berklee Miles," and with that we rejoin the crowd and she disappears into the chaos.
"Dude. Spill," Jax demands, pouncing on me as soon as I come into sight.
"Jax, dude. That women, Ms. Woods, just offered me a full-ride scholarship to Berklee! And she's legit," I exclaim, showing him the papers I'd just received.
"Alya is going to be so jealous. Man, I'm jealous," Jax says in awe.
"Man, I never thought I would get into Berklee. Francis is going to Berklee. This is so sick," I reply.
"And just from the CAMDAS and IMADs? You're lucky you got such a good group. I'm with all girls, and Bianca and Jenna are in my group. It's so awkward!" He exclaims. I laugh.
"You've told me. Multiple times," I tell him, shaking my head.
"Hey, by the way, when is Alya's group performing?" I ask. Jax's eyes go wide.
"We gotta go," he says, all joking gone. He grabs my arm and we make a mad dash to the auditorium. When we enter I immediately spot V and Beckett in the front row. V waves to us and beckons for us to come over, practically glowing.
"We saved you seats," she whispers. We sit down gratefully.
"You will never guess, what just happened," she squeals.
"Same," I respond.
"You go first," we say in unison.
"I just got offered a full ride to Berklee!" I tell her. V grins and looks at Beckett.
"We just got early admittance into Juilliard!" She exclaims.
"And my mom gave us- a compliment. That's two within three days. Unheard of," Beckett adds, completely serious.
"Guys. We're one month into junior year, and we know where we're going to college. This is amazing!" V says, pulling us into group hug number two.
"Hey college kids, they're starting," Jax whisper yells. We immediately quiet down as the lights dim and Alya and Scarlett appear on stage, Carly and Sasha appearing moments later.

Word Count: 640