Lost and Found

//Vanessa//

Miles, Jax, and I are just about to escape the classroom when Alya and Bianca catch up to us.
"Miles I swear to god, you better have a good reason for bringing her here," Alya snaps, pointing an accusing finger in my direction.
"Park said we could invite friends to watch. V was here for emotional support. She didn't do anything wrong, Alya," Miles replies calmly.
"Oh sure, as long as you don't consider stealing someone else's boyfriend 'wrong'," Bianca sneers. Miles and Jax move in front of me as if to shield me from Bianca.
"I didn't steal anybody's boyfriend!" I exclaim, pushing through the two boys. Bianca opens her mouth to protest but I stop her before she can.
"Alya, I know you think that I'm still mad at you for the whole group project thing last year, but I'm not. That's honestly probably part of the reason Beckett and I got together. I know you think Miles was cheating on you with me, but he wasn't. You broke up with him, so there is no reason for you two to be saying that I stole your boyfriend. If you're the one who broke up with him, you have no right to be telling him how he can or cannot move on. Not to mention that at the time you two broke up, I had a boyfriend, who I might add, I still like. I know it's hard to think of the people outside of your program, but this whole thing has effected the dancers too. It's not just you musicians who have drama, so I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to slander me. Also. Where was I going with this. Miles! I had a point to this, what was it?" I rant. Miles just looks at me and shrugs while Jax takes a not so subtle step away from us girls. Ugh, useless little boys. Bianca is the first to speak again among the three girls.
"Vanessa, I respect you for standing up for yourself," she tells me. I nod in response, moving to look at Alya.
"Thank you for putting last year in the past," she tells me, "but I think you need to look at this from my point of view."
"Well I think you all need to look at things from my point of view. You four are supposed to be best friends, even I know that and I'm not even from your program. If you and Miles don't work out as a couple, at least you work out as best friends. Stop focusing on the failed relationship, and start focusing on the friendship because incase you haven't noticed, you two have written your best duets when you were just friends," I retort. Alya looks at me and blinks.
"How do you know all of that?" She asks.
"This is Keaton, word travels fast. Also, I have been hanging out with Miles this past week," I reply. Alya looks at me and blinks. Then smiles.
"I guess you do have a point there," she says. I look at Miles, Jax, and Bianca who are nodding in agreement.
"I gotta go, I think it looks like you four can work the rest of this out on your own," I decide, "Miles, we have rehearsal time booked at 4:00, don't be late." I give Miles and Jax a quick hug before waving to Alya and Bianca, leaving them alone to talk things out. I walk down the hall towards the dance studios when a hand reaches out and grabs my arm. I spin around to find Beckett staring down at me.

Word Count: 610

1k reads?????
Omigosh guys! Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting on my book. It actually means the world to me that you guys are all so supportive and encouraging. TYSM, love you guys💜💜

I'd also like to add that "Lost and Found' is actually one of my favorite songs from the Backstage soundtrack:) Comment your favorite song from Backstage💙