Think You Can Run With Us

//Vanessa//

"Only one week until the IMADs!" Jenna squeals, prancing into the dance studio.
"Yeah, yeah, but let's get to the important stuff. How did the Prima comp go on Saturday? Did Helsweel actually give you and Beckett a compliment?" Sasha asks excitedly. I laugh.
"We took first in group," I start.
"And first in duets," Beckett finishes.
"I told you there was nothing for you to worry about," C adds.
"So what I'm hearing is, Helsweel should be in a good mood today," Jenna says.
"But does Helsweel have a good mood?" C asks, pretending to ponder.
"She does not, believe me, I know," Beckett responds. We all laugh.
"You know what this calls for right?" Sasha asks. C and I look at each other and grin.
"Ice cream!" We say together.

After school, Beckett, C, Sasha, Jenna, Mindy and I all rush over to the ice cream parlor, having survived yet another Monday.
"Omigod and did you see her face?" Mindy laughs as we sit down with our ice cream.
"Oh. My god. Did you see her face?" A snotty voice echoes from behind me and Beckett. Mindy immediately stops laughing to glare at the group of teenagers who just walked in. The group consists of three girls and three boys, obviously lead by the girl now glaring back at Mindy.
"It's too bad your little school, Keaton is it? Doesn't have any standards when it comes to talent. No school of real prestige would allow a freshman to dance on the elite team," the girl with long, brown hair sneers at Mindy. I instantly recognize her and her friends from the dance competition on Saturday.
"I'm a sophomore," Mindy responds coldly.
"Could've fooled me, I don't know what's more deceiving, your height or your sloppy foot work, " the girl replies.
"Oh please. Like you can talk about talent. Age doesn't matter on the dance floor. Mindy could out dance you, any day. So why don't you and your friends crawl back to wherever you came from," I snap. The girl turns to me and raises an eyebrow.
"I saw you at the comp this Saturday too! Your turns looked like a drunk flamingo, and I'm sure an elephant could get more height in a jump," She sneers. I laugh.
"Oh, right. I think the judges thought otherwise. Maybe we should ask the first place winners what they thought of my turns, oh wait," I shoot back.
"Yeah, and where are you even from? Obviously your school couldn't find any real talent if they recruited you," C adds. The girl glares and flips her hair.
"Adagio School of the Arts. Heard of it?" She asks. Obviously. Adagio is one of Keaton's biggest rivals.
"Can't say I have," I reply innocently.
"Right, well, it's been nice getting to know you and all, but this place suddenly reeks of immaturity," the girl says with disdain. Then she turns to Beckett.
"If you ever decide to ditch the wannabes, I'm sure I could show you a better time," she tells him. If looks could kill, the glare I shoot her would send her six feet under. Without missing a beat, Beckett leans down and presses a kiss on my lips. The girl rolls her eyes.
"Guess we'll see you at the IMADs, hope you all figure out how to dance by then!" She says before turning to leave with her little group.
"Well it was nice getting to know the team that'll be taking second, if you even manage to get that far," Mindy calls as the group exits the shop. The brown haired girl turns one last time to give Mindy a nasty look before turning the corner.

Word Count: 618