No Broken Hearts

//Miles//

Jax, V and I walk into class as the bell rings and quickly take a seat. A few other students also came to watch, among them are Scarlett, her boyfriend Aiden, Mindy Dobson, and a few other students I don't recognize. Mr. Park walks in and smiles at us all.
"Well, it's good to see some unfamiliar faces today, I hope we can make this worth your time," he says with a grin.
"If this is how he always acts, I'm switching to the music program and escaping Mrs. Helsweel," V whispers to me. I try to hold in a laugh and end up letting out a snort.
"Ah, Mr. Lennox, thank you for volunteering to go first! And who's the young lady beside you?" Mr. Park asks.
"Vanessa Morita," I reply.
"Ah miss Morita. And which program are you from?" He asks.
"Dance. I'm a Prima," V informs him.
"I was assuming as much based on the blue," Mr. Park says. I feel someone staring at me, and turn to see both Alya and Bianca glaring at V.
"Anyway, is there anyone who would like to challenge Mr. Lennox?" Park asks. Alya immediately stands up.
"I'll do it," she says, already making her way down to the floor. I glance at V who looks just as horrified as I feel.
"Good luck," she whispers giving me a quick hug. I walk down to meet Alya and turn to Mr. Park.
"You know the drill, let's keep it clean, and no blows too low," he jokes. Oh if only he knew. Park gestures to Jax, who's sitting off to the side, to give us a beat. Alya jumps right in, not missing a beat.
"Hit it.
I'm a powerhouse singer I book professional gigs,
Meanwhile you are failing math and making music for kicks,
Everywhere is you, isn't that our song?
But when I got famous I didn't bring you along,
You write songs about breakups like every pop star cliché,
Too bad you have more exes than one song can portray,
I'm a Keaton poster child turned straw to gold,
Your songs sound like you're still five years old,
I know you're making your way through camera lights,
Helping a strong ballerina through lonely nights,
Now this rap battles' classic and Miles' past is tragic,
He's a knockoff Shawn Mendes but not as charismatic,
Forever singing backup, I'll make this short and quick,
For when you have to go back and say you lost to Alya Kendrick."
I can see the malice coming off her, but strangely, I don't feel bad at all for what's coming. I feel like at the very least I should feel somewhat offended that my recent ex just slandered me in front of a room full of people and my teacher, but I don't feel anything. It's actually the opposite, I'm completely ready to tear Alya apart.
"Okay, alright, alright,
When Alya left Keaton things turned low-key,
Cause in the real world she's nothin but a wannabe,
I know you starred in an opera but nobody cares,
Just check the reviews the show was a nightmare,
Limousines and picnic tables are all in the past,
I guess our little starlet just ain't so steadfast,
Used to know Alya better than just good friends,
Now I'm glad this little puppet has hit a dead end,
You talk smack about my exes, but I've only had two,
And of course you'd be salty, cause one of them was you,
Now you say I'm just backup you couldn't be more wrong,
You're like a live action version of Elsa minus the popular songs,
We wrote a song called Dig Deep and now I'm digging deeper,
You'll never be successful cause under pressure you're a freezer."
The class erupts into applause and Mr. Park stands up.
"Well that will definitely be a hard act to follow, you two clearly have a, history," he says awkwardly. Park makes small talk with several other people, and a few more duos battle before Park calls it a day. V, Jax and I are about to escape into the hall when Park releases us when someone shouts my name. We turn around to see Bianca and Alya storming towards us. This is not going to be good, I think to myself.

Word Count: 721

AN
1. After this chapter I'm guessing you've figured out that while Becknessa will be endgame in this story, Mila will not. I don't really support the Mila ship, if you want to get more in depth on my reasoning please feel free to message me:)

2. I know you all want Beckett and Vanessa to get back together, and trust me, so do I. However, if you're following the story's timeline, Beckett broke up with V on Wednesday, in story time, this chapter took place on the following Monday. I work very hard to keep this book as realistic as possible, and when couples break up, they don't get back together five days later. At least not in healthy relationships. I know you're all anxious for Becknessa to get back together, but I really want to portray an accurate high school relationship:)