Through All the Noise

//Vanessa//

"Sooo, Sasha told me that you and Miles went out for ice cream yesterday," C says slowly as we sit on the ground to stretch. I lean forward amd grab my left foot.
"Yeah, I asked him to go since I obviously couldn't go with Beckett. We just went as friends and it was totally ruined by Bianca and Alya anyway. How'd Sasha even find out?" I reply.
"Umm. He went, with Beckett. But he said they didn't stay," C tells me. I mentally groan. Great. Like he's ever going to let me hear the end of this. I switch positions and grab hold of my right foot and sigh.
"Honestly C, at this point, let him see it. He's not going to believe me no matter what I say, so why not let him figure it out," I say finally. Carly looks at me.
"Ok, you're probably going to hate me for saying this but, are you sure you don't have any feelings for Miles? Like at all? I mean I know you like Beckett. Obviously. But you've known Miles for like, a week and you guys got ice cream together. Like alone. It took weeks for you and Beckett to be able to even look at each other without glaring," C says.
"What are you saying?" I ask with a frown.
"Look. All I'm saying is that you and Miles actually do have a lot of chemistry. You two banter like you're a couple," C tells me.
"Don't be ridiculous C," I say brushing her words off, "Miles and I would never work out."
"Why not?" C asks.
"We're in different departments," I say.
"Less time to argue, and you could collaborate a lot," C replies.
"We barely know each other," I respond.
"Dating is all about getting to know someone better," C says.
"He's like my best friend," I argue. C glares at me.
"It would make it look like Miles and I actually did cheat on Alya and Beckett if we get together this fast," I tell her. C sighs.
"I guess that's true, but, if Beckett doesn't come around soon, think about it," C responds. I nod my head before leaning over to focus on stretching. C's words echo in my head during class. Miles is really cute I guess. And we did connect right away when we met. I shudder. I need, to stop over thinking this. He probably doesn't even like me that way. We're just friends. Totally platonic.

//Miles//

"Um. So Bianca told me that you and that Vanessa girl went out on a date yesterday, it's actually kinda funny," Jax announces as I open an empty sound booth. I almost wack myself with the door in suprise.
"I don't even want to know what she's saying about me," I tell Jax.
"Oh, no, see. That's where it gets funny. She thinks I'm a bad influence on you. Cause ya know, of the stuff last year," Jax says laughing.
"I didn't cheat on Alya! V and I are just friends," I protest. Jax stops laughing.
"Wait dude, are you serious? You and Veronica,"
"Vanessa," I interrupt.
"Vanessa, whatever. Aren't gonna get together?" Jax asks incredulously.
"No! I told you, we're just friends," I repeat.
"Dude you're joking. You guys totally act like a couple. You were on Keaton's Kutest Kouples," he reminds me.
"Obviously I remember. And we do not act like a couple," I say stubbornly.
"You two have nicknames for each other," Jax points out.
"Lots of friends give each other nicknames," I reply.
"You've made more of an effort to see Vanessa than Alya this year," Jax says.
"We're in an IMAD group, we have to work together," I respond.
"You've known each other for like, a week, and you already hung out with her, like, alone," Jax continues.
"She asked me to get ice cream because she couldn't go with Beckett," I defend.
"Dude you are in denial," Jax laughs. I roll my eyes.
"We're just friends. That's it Jax. She probably doesn't even like me like that anyway," I reply.
"So you're saying you do like her! You said it, no take backs!" Jax exclaims.
"Just shut up Jax," I groan.
"You're denying it now!" Jax continues.
"Jax!"
"Alright, alright," he finally relents.

Word count: 717

AN
Sorry for the filler chapter, not really though.
What do you think about the besties getting involved???